Put Your Hand To the Plow and Don't Look Back!


Greetings Sisters!
I pray you are standing strong today!  Beware....

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour  (1 Peter 5:8)

Satan is a roaring lion and be careful sisters because he pounces on those who are in a weakened state.   Maybe you heard some of my previous videos where I shared how we went through some of the most trying times we've ever had on our walk in the Lord and I struggled mightily through it....but praise God we are on the other side and I'm getting stronger every day.

I asked Jim to do a quick sketch for me (the one above) of a woman with her hand to the plow because that's me, I want to be worthy of the kingdom of God and I can't be if I'm looking at what is behind instead of pressing forward.

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62

I don't know about you but it's the tough love of God that pulls me through hard times.  I appreciate being reminded about the promises of God's love and care for us but I respond best to the slicing of God's Word, the hard truth like 'Don't look back or you're not fit for the kingdom of God'.  That doesn't mean we will instantly be all right and turn in the right direction but it helps push us forward.  

That reminds me of when we had our young grandson to visit us.  We were working in the garden and Papa (Jim) found a grub and told him to feed it to the chickens.  He cried and cried because he didn't want to pick up the grub, but Papa didn't let up and commanded him to not be afraid of bugs.  It wasn't long after he was joyfully digging in the dirt trying to find more.  That tough love pressed him through his trail (in this case it was fear) and he became stronger on the other side. 



Our Father does the same for us.  He gives us the promise of peace and joy but along with it comes the strong stern commands that help press us on and through our trials.  When I'm weak I look at the strength of our God, His power and His might overcome all and in the end, none of this really matters as it will all be dust, our memories gone and we will be into a new life with our Savior in heaven.


Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

I had to do this tonight again as someone who has caused us much pain reached back into our lives briefly and I had to work hard in my mind NOT to allow satan to drag me back into that dark hole of despair.  I want to be fit for the kingdom of God so I put my hand to the plow and refused to look back!

Here's a video I made about it and in it I talk about how we cannot let the people in our life come between us and our focus on the Lord.




We will continue to have pain and trials in this life but we also have the comfort of our Saviors words, the loving, caring words as well as the strong commands that bring us strength when we press through.
Have a joyous evening sisters!
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...