Birds and Bible Study

Good morning sisters!
I wonder if you are having a rainy morning like we are?  Living in our van that's all metal, we can clearly hear the rain on the roof but we like that.  Seems as if the weather will be wet for the next week or so but we're rejoicing that most of the outside work is done here at our WI home so this week will be inside work.  Brother Jim has a super charged motivation going on and has accomplished more in 2 weeks than we thought so we might be heading out sooner?...but we shall see.

We are still being thankful and content no matter how things go on a daily basis because we don't know if tomorrow will be here for either of us and we don't want to waste today thinking about what's not here yet.  One day at a time in thankfulness, being content and praising God.

I received this from a sister in another country, a bible study, homeschooling teaching for their children.


We rejoice knowing young children are being raised in the ways of the Lord, during this wicked generation.  Sisters, if you are mothers with children at home be sure to give God thanks for the duty He has entrusted you with.  This is a great calling and wonderful ministry for you.  It will not only raise children in the admonition of the Lord in hopes that they will not depart from it as they are older but it will also enrich you, test you and stretch you and offer you a peace knowing that you had the opportunity in the knowledge of God, that some of us have never had.

After I was born again I was horrified at how I raised my children realizing that I turned them over to satan and taught them how to sin.  It took me years to forgive myself because they were grown and gone into the world before Jim and I were born again.  I spent too much time crying and in pain over this but I repented of that and realized that we had done everything we could to give them the gospel and the truth of God as adults and their choices are now their responsibility.  If you have the opportunity to raise young ones in the Lord, praise God I can't think of a more noble calling for a woman of God!

Last night while we were finishing up for the evening brother Jim showed me this nest.  He felt really bad because he was doing some building reconstruction on the side of a shed and this nest was there.  He thought it was an old one so he took it down to do his work when he saw the bird come looking for it.  He put it back up and will work around it as much as he can...we hope she will still use it.  It's amazing  how God put the knowlege of how to build a nest with just a beak.  I couldn't do it with even 2 hands!  I thought you might enjoy seeing it.



It makes me think of how disposable our possessions in this life are and what we really need vs what we want.  I always keep that in perspective as we walk through this life. 

The past week I have been removing garbage bags of things from our house that we are not taking with, some disposable, some to give away to resale shops and I was saddened...thinking about how futile this life is and how easy we can put such a high value on 'things' but yet when circumstances change, those things mean nothing.  Just like nets and a boat...

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
(Matthew 4:19-22)
Note: they left their father as well.

That's what the Lord requires of us as well; willing to leave all behind for Him and that's a tall order!  I'm thankful for the opportunity as we all have different callings.  Some will raise children, some will go into the world to reach the lost, some will be stationary and encourage other saints; there are many different ministries so let's all be careful we don't get wrapped up in this life 'we' make and allow the Lord to make it.

I hope you have a joyous and victorious day sisters.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...