Suffering in the Flesh and Glorifying God

Hello sisters in Christ,
I pray you are all standing strong in the Lord and fighting the good fight!

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 
(1 Timothy 6:12)

We are striving on here in the faith, working hard on our house and enjoying the journey, not getting anxious but in everything prayer and supplication to our Father. (Philippians 4:6 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I've been pondering this subject for a while and now might be a good time to write on it as I'm going through so many physical trials one on top of another and thought it would encourage myself and other sisters to write it:-)





Illness is something we see quite often in women and I certainly struggle with my fair share of it.  I'm not writing this to gather sympathy or to boast about all pain and sickness I encounter but I do share so that other sisters don't feel alone and to know that we can use these opportunities to glorfiy God.

I've had, throughout my life, a good share of physical ailments that have been big burdens and hinder my life a lot yet the Lord gives me strength to push through each one.  One time as a babe in Christ, I asked Jim, did he think God was punishing me and he said maybe it happens so I won't be so arrogant. (Yes I heard that message:-) 

Also we see in 1 Corinthians 11 in reference to the Lord's Supper people were sick and dying; punishment for eating the Lord's supper unworthily. (We all need to work out if we have hidden in our lives.)

 I've seen by looking back at this trail of trials in sickness that the more quiet I am the more Jim grows in the Lord.  I also see that the more sick I am the more quiet I am in our relationship.  These are all good things.  Nobody likes to have a life filled with pain but if it's to the glory of God, I will suffer through it and come out the other side even more refined!

We also get new bodies see 1 Corinthians 15!

I used to spend a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to be well, but after a long period of doing that, wasting my time and lots of money, I've learned to be content with the health I have and bring praise and honor to Him no matter the circumstance.

I do wonder if God does this to godly women to keep them tempered back where they should be, slow them down, shut them up, soften them and mold them to be more dependant on Him (and their husbands) otherwise if they have vibrant health (like I did for a short period of my life) they might be bulldozers to men (like I used to be).  

I don't know these things but what I do know is that through all this, myself and my husband are molded into something even better.

Hopefully this encourages some sisters that struggle with their health, keep your eyes on the Lord, not this earth because soon we shall be with Him.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Have a joyous evening sisters.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...