We are A Peculiar People

Hello sisters!
We have made it to our Wisconsin house and there's snow all over!  Lol, it's melting and now adding to the ditches full of water and soggy ground.  Ask brother Jim about that!  Check this out...




He was using the bobcat to pull something out of a shed and as he was working it was sinking in the mushy ground!  He's got to set up a winch to pull it out tomorrow, that should be fun to watch, I'll make a video:-)

Speaking of videos I made one for you yesterday on the way here but we've been so busy with ministry all day that I didn't have a chance to do anything with it yet but I pray tomorrow I will.

I wanted to share a quick story with you, one that all godly women who are obedient to the Word can relate to.  God's Word teaches His daughters to cover their heads and also the body in long loose clothing and when you do that, you stand out in the world.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light 1 Peter 2:9 

1 Peter tells us we are a peculiar people, called out of the world....and that we are if we are obedient.

So as we were coming here I ran into a grocery store to get some fruit and veggies for lunch and as I was coming out I saw a woman who was all decked out in her harlotry (like I used to do) and as I was walking out and she was walking in she stopped and gave me the most rotten face like 'EEEEEwwww, what is that?'  Or like she smelled something awful.  She stood there in the doorway blocking the entrance staring at me with that horrible look on her face and I just smiled at her and walked out the door.

It made me think back to when I first started trying to dress biblical in our area and I didn't look like any group so people stared even more because they couldn't identify what group I came from, well I used to be self conscious and think (if only you knew what kind of person I used to be) and I didn't feel worthy to be thought of a daughter of the most High.  Sometimes it used to make me sad and not want to go into public and other times it just made me angry. 

Today though, through maturity and time, I am used to it and I delight in shining the light of the Lord.  My mind isn't on myself anymore it's on the Lord and His glory being shown through my obedience.

I asked Jim to draw me a picture to represent such occurrances and he did this one.


It's what happens when you go to a religious place where people say they love God but they make the godly people stay outside.  You know, the places that say 'Everyone Welcome' but 'No perfect people allowed'.  Or 'This is a hospital for sinners not a sanctuary for saints'.  The places where they hate the truth and anyone who obeys it.

Sisters, I hope you can mature in this area faster than I did.  Center yourself and your actions as being done for the Lord and deny your flesh the opportunity to be self centered and worrying about what others think.

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. Luke 16:15

The world esteems it's clothes and looks and the obedient Christian esteems what brings God glory, regardless of the consequeces from the world.

Sisters, when you get dressed and put on your headcovering, thank the Lord for allowing you to show the world His headship order and your obedience.  It shames them and causes conviction and who knows if there is a woman who is seeking truth, and watching you.  Shine the light sisters.

I have to keep this short because we are gathering for brother Jim to disciple another brother tonight.  I will do my best to keep up on encouraging you while we are in this busy season :-)

Have a joyous evening sisters.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...