One Anothering and Giving of Yourself

Good evening sisters!
We are praising the Lord as we have made it to our destination for the evening! When we got here I cooked up a quick meal in the parking lot and as we were eating we heard squealing tires and a big loud crash!


Apparently the red car pulled out in front of the white pickup truck (it's on the left hand side behind that black car).  Brother Jim went over to see if anyone was hurt but the lady in the car was on her phone talking so she wasn't in serious condition although they did take her out on the stretcher, maybe for safety reasons.  There was an elderly lady in the passengers seat but she was out and walking around. 

I share this because every time we would reach a destination brother Jim would thank God and praise Him but my mind was already on what I needed to do once we reached wherever we were going.  It wasn't long before I realized I should be thanking God for the safe journey as I thank Him for all other things!

It's a busy world and everything seems to be catapulting faster and faster toward the end.  Read Daniel 12:4 

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

We sure see that today don't we? Knowledge has increased so much over the last 100 years.  Think about it, if you were born 100 years ago you would have been around for some of the first cars and now look at the technology we have.  Cyberspace....something you can't see but there's tremendous knowledge on it!

Also everyone running to and fro; we can get from one end of the earth to the other in a short period whereas in years past it never would have been obtainable in a lifetime for the most part.

We are in a race against time.  Ephesians 5:16 says we are to redeem that time because the days are evil and we sure see that don't we?  All the new laws being passed that approve what is opposite of God's law, it's certainly fulfilling what is predicted in the end times, read Romans 1.

All the more to be faithful in our own walk and to be sure to encourage those the Lord might have put in our life.  I talked to brother Jim about this on our travel today and he also thought it would be a good idea to share this with you sisters....

Let me preface that this would be for sisters who have extra time.  Sisters who don't have children because if you do then that is your ministry and focus.  Sisters who have no husband.  Sisters who might have an unbelieving husband and he doesn't require a lot of time and her household duties and obedience to her husband leave her with extra time.  Sisters who have believing husbands that do not have a busy ministry that she is to help in.  Whatever your situation is you need to make sure that you are taking care of immediate needs in your life and then if you have extra time, this might be an idea for you to pursue.

Titus 2.5 talks about how the older women teach the younger women how to love their husbands, love their children and be keepers at home.  Well, some sisters may not be qualified to share in the husband or children area BUT we ALL are to be keepers at home, amen?  I'm offering a simple idea that might interest some of you who are looking for a way to encourage other sisters but yet keeping in the guidelines of God's Word.

First of all NO WOMAN should be on the internet getting her theology by herself. If you have a believing husband you are not to be on the internet learning theology without his leading.  If you have an unbelieving husband you are not to be on the internet learning theology without a male headship.  If you are single, you are not to be getting your theology on the internet. WHY?  Because we are warned over and over again about Eve being deceived! If we read God's Word and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, we will NEVER be deceived.  I said all that because what I am proposing has nothing to do with teaching theology to sisters but instead sharing what you know, or are learning about being a keeper at home as a godly woman.  

When I was first born again one of the first things I did was start a blog and share what I was learning about this new life of being a keeper at home.  It was encouraging to other women knowing there was another sister striving to kill her flesh and be obedient to the Word of God.  So what I'm thinking is that since I've had the question presented to me 'What can I do'?  Maybe some of you, who have extra time after all your obligations in the Lord, might want to start a blog that would be a blessing, help and encouragement to other sisters.  I'm sure there are those of you with homemaking experience, tips and stories that would edify others. Some of you might be just learning and would like to share your victories of your first loaf of homemade bread :-) or great deals you got at the store.  Some of you would be an encouragement in the area of sewing and some in gardening and maybe someone has experience in all those areas. Posting scriptures, testimonies and beautiful nature pictures that glorify God and His creation are edifying as well. Sometimes just knowing there is another sister alive and seeing the proof of it, like on a blog, is heartwarming to other sisters and makes our journey a bit easier to do even when alone.

Wome have contacted me and thanked me for my time in this blog as it's encouraging to them and they look forward to reading it.  I don't boast as I am nothing but I just want to share that there are sisters who could benefit from something simple like this, an outreach and outpouring of ourselves to others who need it.

I tell you what....whenever I start feeling sad about someone who might have wandered away from the faith or thinking about this fallen world, I immediately think of writing something on this blog to encourage my sisters to keep going forward and it energizes me and makes me thankful for what the Lord has done for me in my life and I want to share that. Giving to others is a great way to take the focus of ourselves and our trials, transfer our minds from something that is sad and depressing to something that is joyous and fulfilling!!!



Not everyone has the desire to do something like this and some may not have the discipline to keep it non theology based and simply homemaker type and encouragement to sisters, so you would have to go to the Lord in prayer and see if it would be a good fit for you.

In the meantime I will continue doing this for all you, praying that my meager attempts will brighten someone's day. 

Have a joyous evening sisters.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. Hebrews 3:13

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...