How Our Father In Heaven Protected His Daughter

Good evening Sisters!
Praise the Lord for this quiet and peace filled evening we are having, I pray you are as well.

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Dueteronomy 31:6

I really appreciate the verses about God protecting us, being there for us and us fearing nothing but Him. It's that time of year I boost myself on these verses because we are getting closer to being out in the world on the road.  We have some work to do yet (praise God for proving for us) and then we will be set free to 'go'.  I encourage myself with God's promises because it's a wicked world and every year that we do this we cause more and more enemies of which some day I wouldn't doubt if they follow through on their hatred.  

But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues Matthew 10:17

The religious people are the most dangerous, yet our Savior said it would be so.

Tonight I want to share a story with you that I hope helps encourage you to trust our Father to watch over you.  The other day I was emailing a sister who was sharing about feminism and what she's been convicted of (praise God!) and in my response I was sharing something with her when it triggered in my mind this situation, so I told her I'd write about it here.  

When I first became born again I told my family I was going to follow Jesus.  That's about all I knew right then but it was enough to scare most of them away from me.  As I grew and shared the gospel it pretty much chased the rest away so I was estranged from every single person I knew (except 2 of our children).  My parents were very loosely in contact only enough to stir up trouble.  (Feel free to  read my post called "A Pound of Flesh" and learn about the relationship with my parents and how I had to biblically cut it off.)

Anyway several years ago my younger brother called and told me one of our older brothers was dying from cancer. (I have 2 older and 1 younger brother.)  Now get this, they want nothing to do with me but will call when someone's dying. 

So I wrote a letter to him asking him if we could come see him and share the good news and how to find eternal life.  I'd already done that before but wanted to do it again, this is a very important as his was running out.  I also shared how man made religion lied to us and we are all on our way to hell if we don't repent and are born again and follow in obedience, the Word of God.  I poured my heart out to him pleading to hear what God's Word says.  He ignored it.  As he got worse I did it all over again but I never heard from him.   I cried my heart out for a whole day over him and then turned him over to God.

In the meantime during this, brother Jim and I found a small old pull behind camper that we bought for a great deal and planned on using it for weekend ministry in hopes that someday we would be out preaching (Jim preaching and me helping) the gospel.  (That was our first step toward where we are now:-)  
So we have this little older camper in front of our house and one day Jim said he wanted to work on the roof and was going to take Monday off work to do it. That weekend he decided to change his mind and take off Tuesday instead.

Also during this time I had been going through some serious illnesses. I had just gotten out of surgery and was just on the other side of the pain meds so I was not only physically weak but also mentally.  

Anyway, he went to work that Monday but then Tuesday morning came around and he was in and out of the house working on that camper.  Well, as he was inside getting ready to go back out again he looked out the window and said 'You're mom and dad are here!'

I thought he was playing a mean trick on me.  I said 'you're joking right?'

He said 'NO!' and went right out the door.
I looked out the window to see for myself and there they were.  They hate the word of God, they hate anything that has to do with truth but yet they go to church and claim to love God. 

So I did what anyone in my situation would do and I went into the bedroom and cried.  Crying out to God to help me in this situation and should I go out there.  After a time, I mustered the strength to go out and see them.

They didn't have much to say and were there less than 10 minutes and it was really uncomfortable.  They (lied) said they happend to be driving by and stopped (we live almost an hour apart and you can't just 'drive by' our place.)  As they were leaving Jim tried one more time to share biblical truth with my dad but he didn't want anything to do with it and my mom went walking off to the car.

They left and as they did, I saw the evil cold hearts they had for the things of God.  I know why they were there...

Satan knows our weaknesses and knew I was weak in all areas and some of his workers came by thinking Jim wouldn't be home....but PRAISE GOD he was.  If he would have taken Monday off I would have had to deal with my parents coming to tear me apart about my brother. 

I cried that afternoon, thanking God. I was in awe that the God of the universe would even care about an incident like that but our Father in Heaven had all of it worked out ahead of time to protect His daughter.

Going back to my brother briefly....he died a month after that incident.  One of our children text us and told us he died but God had put a protection around me and I was able to move right on past and give my thoughts of him over to God where they belong.

He's always there.  He's steadfast, unmoveable, true, just, righteous, loving, caring....the list is endless.  He is the Father most of us have never had. 

And He cares.  

He loves us.  

He expects us to trust Him.

So just today as I hear brother Jim discussing an important incident with another brother, a thought comes to  my mind that in one second our world could turn upside down from an angry religious person coming to destroy our lives.  And right then another thought pops into my head...



I need to trust in my Father to watch over me just like he did in the camper situation.  He already knows what is going to happen to all of us, He already knows how to do what He needs to do...all we need to do is keep going forward and trust in Him.

Nothing can happen to any of us that He does not allow.  It all has to go through Him and in Him we need to place our trust.

It doesn't mean that every situation will work out like that, but we need to remember Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Now I know why that thought of the camper situation popped into my head the other day....so it would be in my mind to comfort me today.

Amen.

Have a joyous evening sisters.

Love in Christ.
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...