Traveling, Cooking and Floods

Greetings sisters!
I pray you are all strong in faith and health.  

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

That's such good admonishment because there are times we can feel broken and it affects not only us but everyone around us.  Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed I stop and smile, thinking of what our Savior has done and it makes everything else pale in comparison.  Our flesh can take us on a ride into selfism if we are not careful.  

Let us cultivate a merry heart and how do we do that?  One way is to set our affections on things above.  (Colossians 3:2)

This year, for us, has been different and one that has been a real flesh killer.  Starting out with dark painful times this winter, leading into the spring where we had to work on our house to get it up for sale, then in between running back and forth between Wisconsin and Missouri several times (we are in the middle of another run right now); our life is an every changing calendar and we are learning from it.  It's detaching us from wanting to make and set our plans and always be free to be led by the Spirit. It's freedom actually.  Freedom from setting ourselves in a pattern and depending on the security of that and instead depending and trusting in the Lord to lead.

I know I keep saying it but it seems that just when I think I have conquered the flexibility area, I find where I need to do even more.  That's what's so great about of Father, he roots out every single little bit and refines it.

I love that!

The flesh says....'Don't even go there because once you do you know you'll have to do something about it!'

But the Spirit presses on harder and praise the Lord it wins out over time.

My flesh made a mess of my life for 39 years and now I only have a few years (however many the Lord allows) to do good and not evil like I have.

He is a merciful Father.

We are joyful to be workers for Him and I learn every year to look for opportunities to serve Him better. Amen!

There's a brother in the Lord who is learning the simple life on the road so I made a couple videos for both him and you sisters to show how I save water and power cooking pasta.  You probably, like me, were taught to fill a great big pot full of water, bring it to a boil, pour in the pasta and cook it until done.  Well, I'm unconventional and too simple for that and I like to save money so this is what I do...



And here's a quick meal I like to make.   



These both are great for off grid and travel. If you don't use freeze dried vegetables (most people don't) you can chop up veggies and steam them for a few minutes before adding the rice etc. 

When we travel we have to use a laundry mat to wash clothes but when we're on the homestead I like to hand wash as much as possible to save money and have the freedom from not being trapped at the laundry mat.
Here's one way I do it...




A few days ago we were heading down to southern Missouri to drop off a load of carvings on consignment and I took a couple videos.

Check out that moon...



And the drive the next day was so pretty...



As we were traveling we saw this big man made religious building....





Most of our ministry is battling the terrible effects of the lies that come from such places.  

At one point when we needed some more water, brother Jim asked this guy who was cleaning the car wash if we could get a couple gallons of water for washing and gave him the gospel as well.


We really learn how to save what we can because it all adds up and is our freedom to being able to do what we do.  It's being a wise servant of the resources that God has given us, in order that we might help others if need be.

And as we traveled north we had detours because of great flooding in the area, here it is after it's gone way down, but is still way up.


Last night we were camped out (at Walmart of course) and I went into the store to get a couple things.  While I was in the bread aisle I overheard an elderly couple looking for gluten free breads so I found it and told the woman. She was grateful for the help and I also helped her by giving her one of our gospel cards.  I find if I'm attentive and look for ways to either help women or make eye contact and start a simple conversation, I'm then able to give a gospel tract in a safe environment and in a kind and gentle way.

As we got to our destination today we stopped for a cup of coffee and hoped the Lord would bring someone by and not a few minutes later a young man came up to brother Jim to talk to him about the things of God.  He was given much truth and we pray he heeds it.

We see the power of God when we are obedient and ready to do His work. People come right up and want to talk about God; they don't always want all the info they get but we hope it pricks their conscience and they allow God to do a work in them, with it.

So tonight we will make our way across the parking lot to our camp spot and we give thanks and praises to God for each and every day we have a place to lay our heads and prepare for the next day (if He gives it to us).  

Let us all rejoice together!

Have a joyous evening sisters.

God be praised!

Love,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...