Having Issues with Others and Forgiving our Husband

Greetings sisters in Christ,
I pray you are thanking the Lord for another day to serve Him here and be a shining light into the darkness.  


Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
(Hebrews 12:1-2)

And a sister used to share this one a lot:
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  
(Galatians 2:20)

First of all I want to encourage all of you who are struggling to keep the focus on Christ when everything is coming at you.  We know all too well about that especially when 'professed believers' are the ones on the other side of it. I cannot even express the mountains of sorrow and rivers of tears that I've shed over the separation of those who claim Christ...and there have been hundreds of them.
And the reason I'm writing this is because brother Jim just made an audio about our prayers being hindered and I wanted to encourage you sisters about that.  In it he talks about the fact that God's word shows that if you have an issue with your brother (or sister) then your prayers will be hindered until you 'try' to reconcile the issue. 

Division among believers is sinful.  We have one word of God and we are to work hard to be of one mind, united in Christ. (Philippians 2:2; 1 Corinthians 1:10) 

True love of the brethren would be people working out their differences, not just running off.  

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35)

Over the years we have continuously reached back to reconcile with those who have left but unfortunately it has never gone well.  They are either in full apostasy, fallen under more false teaching, living in their flesh or just wanting to do their own thing.

God COMMANDS His children to work toward reconciliation...
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. (Matthew 5:23-24)

But only in TRUTH, not compromise. We see if there is an issue that our prayers can be hindered:

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. 
(1 Peter 3:7)

And if we do not forgive we will not be forgiven:

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses. Mark 11:25-26

I have also, in the not so distant past, said in one of my audios that if I have ever unknowingly offended a sister that I apologize and I today I do so again here.  I am not beyond correction, in fact I do go back over my posts to see if I can revise any so that I am encouraging, not discouraging and have found a few that I have dealt with. 




Now lets talk about husbands. Husbands can be difficult to be with whether they are believers or unbelievers but I got news for you sisters, we can be difficult as well....it's that wretched flesh that gets in the way.  We must learn to forgive and work toward reconciliation with our husband any time there is an issue.  I also mean that you have to work to change your heart, turn it over to God to clean out the bitterness, anger, frustration or potential hatred.  If you have any incidents where he has hurt you and never repented, God will deal with him but if you harbor that without forgiving him, God will deal with you.  Also, when you have an issue with your husband, examine yourself to see if you had a part in it as oftentimes wives may not start out in sin but they feed of the husband and in the end, join right in, sinning back.  

Read Isaiah 53, Jesus opened not His mouth...I use that one a lot because the tongue causes all sorts of trouble doesn't it?  It shows what's in the heart and it can cause a lot of damage that will need to be repented of.

Remember 1 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

Be blameless sisters and treat others (your husband) as you would have them treat you, even if they don't.  Honor God by being obedient and show the fruits of the spirit:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
 (Galatains 5:22-23)

I hope this helps you walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh.  Romans 8.

Have a joyous evening.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...