Cute Critters, God's Creation and Giving Him Glory

Good afternoon Sisters!
I rejoice every time that I get to send encouragement out on the internet, a light in a dark place, a voice in the wilderness.  I hope to bring smiles, love and encouragement to you :-)

This post is simply to glorify God in His creation.  We're thankful every time we get to see His handiwork in the creation of animals, birds, creepy crawlie things, nature etc.



While we were at the city park camping (free) we saw this squirrel and tossed him a few pieces of bread.  Brother Jim made a video for the grandchildren.





Then as we were in McDonalds, (fishing:-), brother Jim saw this grasshopper and made another video for the grandchildren. (And while we were there a man came in to talk to us because he saw our van in the driveway.  He sat down and had a discussion for quite some time and walked away with truth of God's Word.)


We decided to cut ourselves loose from the trailer this summer (since we were finished with our deliveries) and found a place to store it until we are ready to head back to drop it off at our Missouri homestead.  While we were there this deer ran through, looking lost.  They have a lot of pronghorn around here, running through the towns and people's yards.



Today we are having a day of working online ministry (along with me catching up on some business) and getting ready to head into a place that we both truly enjoy....a great and mighty creation of God.

It's called Wind River Canyon in Wyoming and it consists of a river that winds in between big mountains and the road follows it.  There are a couple affordable campgrounds right on the river by the mouth of the canyon and we like spend one evening of peace and quiet whenever we go through the area.  We enjoy the water rushing by, seeing the magnificent mountains and there are hiking trails that go up on top of the dam that overlooks the big reservoir. Here's a glimpse of it from a picture I took the last time.  I'll be doing another post with new pics from this trip.



It's a refreshing change from a parking lot view:-)  Although we rejoice every night that we have a place to park and rest our heads for the evening regardless whether it's a parking lot, gravel lot or a beautiful place like this.

I learned long ago to make sure to take time of refreshment in God's creation to give Him glory because we can get so swept up in our lives thinking I'll just get this done, then that done, then I'll take some time outside to take a walk or watch the sunset and next thing you know it's already night time and then bedtime and morning is coming again.  I recall a rebuke to myself years ago even before I was born again, it came from a 3 year old little girl, one of our daughters.  I was so busy and swept away in life and one evening as we were getting out of the car she kept saying 'Mommy look at the stars', over and over.  I absentmindedly said 'Oh those are pretty'.  She started to cry and said 'You never stop and look'.
That changed me, how much more can God's Word and His creation make us stop and look.  

We see His greatness in the variety of His creation and the intricate detail of everything.  I recall when I was first transformed from my old self into the new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), I looked at flowers and thought 'I couldn't even think of that many to draw yet alone our Father simply spoke them into existence!'  

I marvel at water.  You can see it and feel it but it's elusive in its composition, slipping through the tiniest crack yet powerful enough to forge through rocks.  Fire can be seen and felt yet you can't grasp it or pick it up but it can destroy you.  We breathe air for life but that air can take away life by blowing down an entire town. 

If we stop to take time to examine everything our Father has created, we will see a tiny glimpse into His greatness; the human mind cannot comprehend His vastness.  

I'm thankful I was raised in the country or very small rural towns in my youth because I spent a lot of time examining the creation and wondering about the God who created it.  Sadly all I had were the lies of the man made religious system but my logical mind couldn't comprehend the hypocrisy of it all and continued to seek, knowing there had to be more.  It was the creation that established that greatness of our Father in my mind before I even truly knew Him.  We see that in Romans 1...

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Romans 1:19-20)

When I first read that we are without excuse, it took a while for me to understand but now I see that His creation is a way for us to seek deeper in seeing how detailed and perfect everything is, which leads to the question of who is this God that created all this?  It always made me think there had to be more than this life, more than what we knew, more than just what the world offers.  Praise God that seed was deep in me and that yearning kept rising up in me over the years to know this God.  Remember that if you have children, the creation and the wonder if it is a great seed planted.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. 
(Hebrews 11:6)

Now that we know this awesome creator God, we can freely give Him glory by marveling in His creation.  

If this earth is so beautiful (the creation, not the worldly aspect of it) I wonder what heaven will be like.  

I await that day.

Have a joyous evening sisters.

Love,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...