His Mercy

Greetings, sisters, in the name of the Lord!

Our Father is merciful and compassionate not wanting any to perish. 

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:18-19)

Several days ago our day started out very blessed with brother Jim sending off a brother in the Lord on another venture in the world until we can meet up again. And this is what we got to see while we drank our morning coffee, sitting in the door of our camper van, thanking the Lord for His mercy.



I'll never tire of this verse...


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  
(Lamentations 3:22-23)



He is faithful and true.  He promises never to leave or forsake those who are His and He makes a way for us in this life to do His will and bring Him glory. He is patient in teaching and allowing us to grow and doesn't give us more than we can handle...

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

He makes a way of escape and our escape always come through Him.  That doesn't always mean we can escape the situation but He's always there to do and give us just what we need and we need to trust in that.

Brother Jim and I have been talking that we've been on a 7 year journey to get to this point of almost full time ministry and it's been a long hard journey that we faithfully plugged along one day at a time, getting us less connected to the world and more free to serve Him.  He's encouraging some brothers that desire this freedom, to go proclaim the gospel and brother Jim is encouraging them to make a plan and faithfully follow it.  God will make a way if we are obedient and strive in His will.  We are all to be His bond slaves, willing to go and do whatever is His will, trusting in Him to guide us.

Along this journey there have been a lot of trials and tribulations, some that still make me cry when they cross my mind but I toss them aside and keep marching forward...forward into more trials that are right here in front of us.  Testings of our character, our trust and our focus.  Testings of the flesh vs Spirit.  Evil coming at every angle and it gets more vile as we move forward. 

I'm thankful...

Thankful to be counted worthy.

Are you?

And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. (Acts 5:41)

This life is not our own...

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Revelation 12:11)
   
There was a time in my unregenerated state when I was very wild and crazy and I'd say 'bring it on', and I was usually the one to bring it.  Today, I'm ready for God to bring it on; whatever He sees fit for us. 

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Amen, we MUST learn how to trust in our Father, this is a daily flesh killing we need to do.  It's easy to say 'trust in the Lord' but do we really?   I know I have to remind myself all the time that I'm leaning on myself more than I'm leaning on Him and it's a simple mind and heart adjustment that offers great relief as soon as I do.

He is a merciful Father, ready to help His children as they strive forward, offering wisdom (James 1), comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) peace (Romans 15:13) and joy (John 16:33)

His mercy is a gift we don't deserve....let us walk worthy.

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called (Ephesians 4:1)

(I just found this video I made the other day, video clips of various butterflies and other flying creatures.  I thought I'd add it in.)




I pray you have a joyous and victorious day sisters.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...