Now That's Love...

Greetings to you sisters, in love!

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. (Psalm 143:8)

Let us be thankful for a kind and loving God and share our lovingkindness with others.

I have a funny story for you about love.

We were at an onsite job for 2 days and last night we were blessed to find a free camp spot at a city park in a small town.  While we were there brother Jim asked me to give him a hair cut.  Well, I forgot to bring our trimmer that had measurement tools on it that makes a nice even cut and is super easy and fast to do.  What I had was a different trimmer that I had to improvise using a comb for measurement and it was all bearing on my judgement which wasn't too bad until I was almost done.

I nipped it a bit close...



But guess what?  I told brother Jim and he said 'who cares?'.  (He was so happy to have a hair cut:-)

I took this picture and showed him, he smiled and said 'Nice!'.  

That's love.

So now he gets to walk around minus a chunk of hair and here's 2 things I want to point out.  

1. He doesn't care what people think.  
(I like that lesson and want to learn that more for myself.)

2. He loves his wife because he didn't get mad.  
(Love is an action and decision.)

He could have gotten mad and had me try to even everything (which I would have gladly tried to do) but instead he decided to bear it for me and move on. 

What do we do for our husbands, or brethren, or children in situations such as this? 

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (Ephesians 4:32)

Hopefully this brought you a smile and something to think about:-)

Have a joyous day.

Love to you in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...