Practice What you Preach

Hello Sisters!

Let us seek humbleness and meekness that we may honor and glorify our Father in Heaven.

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. (Proverbs 25:9)

I want to be the lowly and the last.  


When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. 
(Proverbs 11:2)

And have a meek and humble heart.


He must increase, but I must decrease. (James 3:30)


As we walk this path the Lord has set before us, we see more trials than ever on the horizon and just today I was telling brother Jim that it was very timely that I did that video yesterday about being victorious in the armor of God because today I surely needed it!


In one day we had joy over preaching the word, a false teacher was exposed, the police were called on us by that false teacher who lied (the police said we were just fine and not breaking any laws), joy over a young brother's victories, sadness over a brother in trials, 2 gay baptist men got very angry over the truth of God's word after they came up to us, a feminist woman got mad at Jim for witnessing to her husband and someone was literally stalking us as we were doing errands.  


This verse kept coming to my mind from Luke 12:48
For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

And for a few seconds my mind flashed back to when we were safe on our little homestead, raising all our food, living a peaceful life and preaching the gospel when we went out in the world. 

But many people forget a very important command in Jude 3:

Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.


Preaching the gospel is one thing but when you also content earnestly for the faith....it gets ugly.  

Real ugly.  

I'll admit that today was a little overwhelming, a bit of a challenge for me to keep my focus and it started to wear me down when I thought of the video I made yesterday.

Talk about a self rebuke that I should practice what I preach:-)

I confessed this to brother Jim on our way to our camp spot and we talked about how we have to expect such days and even worse as times go on. 

But God gives us encouragement just when we need it....

I went into the store while brother Jim got things set up so we could sit outside and enjoy the cool evening.  When I got back there was a great big motorhome upwind of us running a smokey generator so we packed up and moved to another spot.  We were there no more than a few minutes when a young man pulled up in a van that he lives in, and starts talking to brother Jim.  That made me smile because I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to the things of God.  How timely that we just moved moments before, right when this man was coming through.  Brother Jim shared the life giving gospel and they had a wonderful (long) discussion about the things of God. 




In a parking lot, long into the middle of the night, the Word of God went out to someone's son that is trying to find his way in life. 

Praise God!




Each day we need to just keep walking and trusting in the Lord that His will be done.


Strive on sisters.

Love in Christ, 
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...