Letting It All Go For Christ...Dropping our Nets and Following Him.

Greetings dear sisters!
We have just made a life changing decision.

A few years ago brother Jim and I were talking about what he would do if I died and he said he would just sell everything and go on the road.  I asked him why we didn't do that now?  That question was in our minds for the past few years until the other day, when the time was right, for us to do it.  


And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.  And they straightway left their nets, and followed him. (Matthew 4:20)

They were men making their money by fishing but they dropped their nets and followed Christ.  We have chosen to do the same by dropping our carving business, selling our little winter place in Missouri, everything else we own and serving Christ on the road 100% of the time, living in our cargo van.


We are self funded in different ways (no we don't take donations, we refuse them) and because we live so simple and frugal, having no debt, we can live off very little.  
This sounds great, and it is, but it takes some flesh killing, not knowing what each day will bring or where we will be.  No longer will we have the security of knowing we have a little homestead to go back to, we are all for the Lord and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit where God would want us to go.  

I recall reading this within the first week of being born in Christ:
And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. (Luke 9:58)

I remember thinking that would be pretty awesome because more work could be done for the kingdom of God but it would also require a tremendous amount of trust.  We can't manifest that trust, we have to ask God to help us and if we relinquish our will to Him, He promises to give us what we need.

(Before we decided this though, brother Jim asked me what I would do if he died first and I said, I'd call a realtor and put our place up for sale and live in the van.)

It seemed that we both had the same thing on our hearts in the same timing so why would we wait?  In the back of my mind, all the time, are these verses:

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. (Luke 12:48)

And...

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. (Luke 7:47)

I was the most awful, wretched and vile sinner before Christ and my sins, WHICH WERE MANY, were forgiven...and I love much.  Surely many of you feel the same way and are willing to give up anything the Lord asks, to serve Him.  We must be careful that we are not clinging to things of the world and sometimes we don't realize we are until we let them go.  We all have a calling to obey, yours will be different than mine, but God will guide each of us if we turn our will over to Him and trust.  



God be praised!

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...