Thermos Soup Off Grid and Tiny House Cooking

Greetings Sisters!
We are thanking our Father for getting us to our next destination safely today.  

I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 
(Psalm 16:8-11)

We were in and out of service the past few days because we were at a very busy tourist town standing out with gospel signs witnessing and then when we were done we went out in the country and found free places to park our van for the evening.  I was thankful for thermos soup because I got it ready it every morning for dinner in the evening.  





It's great for busy schedules and saves energy ($$) because you only bring it to a boil then turn it off and let it sit in the thermos and to cook itself. 






This one is just perfect for 2 bowls of soup and I have a bigger 3 quart thermal cooker that I can use for when there are more people.  The trick is to make sure it's full so that it holds the heat long enough so use a thermos according to how much you will make.


You can do this without a thermos (not traveling), just bring it to a boil for a couple minutes and turn it off. Don't take off the lid.  Then set it on a folded towel and wrap in several towels or blankets.  If you have cast iron pots that's great but it works with regular pots too. 

I've made all sorts of thermal cooked soups but I don't use pasta in them because it would get mushy; you can use dry rice though because it has all day to cook.  Experiment and find what works for you.

There are many thermal cooking recipes for various foods on the internet but I mainly use soup because it's super easy, inexpensive, healthy and great for off grid or tiny house travel.  

I like to pair it with a roll or hunks of bread with mashed avocado on it.  (Thanks to a sister that shared that idea of the avocado.)

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)

Praise God for His provision.

Have a joyous evening.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...