A Day in the Life of a Traveling Preacher

Greetings Sisters!
Praise God for another day to serve Him, the gospel went out several times today in very eventful ways:-)  Normally when we make plans we always leave it as 'if the Lord wills'.

For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. (James 4:15)

So what we do is set a tentative plan and then see what happens. This morning I woke extra early and although I was quiet, brother Jim woke up as well so we changed our plans a bit and ended up being in the right place at the right time again. I love God's timing!

We were working online and having a cup of coffee when a load of senior citizens came in and as they were about done with their business brother Jim went outside to talk to the bus driver.  I thought 'Oh he's going to witness to them as they get on the bus', nope, they loaded up and the next thing I saw was the bus driver nodding his head and brother Jim stepping up into the bus:-)





In this next video you can hear an example 'street preaching of the gospel' on the bus. 






While he was out there a woman behind me made a comment about not being able to do something like that, being smooshed up in a bus with that many people.  I said 'Yes, I agree, that's a lot of people in a small space.'  Then I pointed to our van and said 'That's our rig and how we travel.  My husbands a preacher' and  gave her a gospel card. She thanked me, read it and I shared with her what we do and why.  By that time brother Jim walked in and a few minutes after he sat down an elderly man walked over and asked about our van.  That lead to another witnessing event as this man said his Dad was a preacher too.  Needless to say he was not overly interested in the gospel, he had to get going because he was going hunting. 

After we left there, we had some errands to do and ended up coming to where we are tonight, our Walmart camp spot.  I whipped up some soup and a salad for dinner then we went inside to do some walking and get some fruit.  As we were walking I told brother Jim my stomach issue came back and I needed to walk a bit more and could we do that outside for a while, which we did.  As we were walking we saw a young man standing off the side of the parking lot where people drive in and we thought he was a beggar but we didn't see a sign.  He moved just a bit and I told Jim he looked like a 'Moonie', like the ones we saw last night.  (I mentioned that episode in a previous post.)  We walked over and it was an awesome chance to witness to this young man who is involved in that cult and he seemed to listen very well while brother Jim went over the lies of man made religion and told him the gospel.

After that brother Jim took me to the van and to get ready for the night and he went back inside the store to get some water.  I was in the middle of changing when I heard loud banging on the side of the van. I didn't say anything because I was waiting to hear if it was Jim or not.  Nothing was said, nor did I say anything and the banging continued around all sides of the van.  I text Jim and said 'Is that you?'  He said 'no'. The banging continued all around the sides of the van and I was about to call the police when I peeked out the window and the face of a police officer popped up in front of me.  I jumped back and not did he scare me, I was horrified because I was not dressed or covered.  (I only had a crack of the window covering aside.)  I looked beyond him and there were 3 police cars facing our van with their lights shining on it. He told me to exit the vehicle so I told him I'm a Christian woman and I have to get dressed, he said okay.  I then saw brother Jim hustling out of the store and heading this way.



Come to find out, someone called the police on a white van full of people who were panhandling in the parking lot.  Brother Jim cleared that up and told them the Moonies are driving a load of young people around in a white van (he knew the make and model because we saw it last night) and that he just witnessed to one of them who told us they were traveling in that van.  

We were cleared and are rejoicing that we still have freedom in the land to be able to 'go' and preach the gospel.  It hit me as I was sitting in the van and brother Jim was dealing with the police, some day they may be banging on our van doors to drag us a way for the cause of Christ and they won't be letting me cover and dress myself beforehand.

I need to make sure I'm ready for that day and the only way to do that is one day at a time, being prepared in the day I have today.  I can't worry about tomorrow because it's not here yet and our Father will give me (us) what we need when we need it.

So praise the Lord....52 seniors got the gospel, the bus driver, the elderly lady, the elderly man right after all that, the young Moonie and brother Jim gave a gospel tract to all 3 police officers.  

Just a day in the life of a traveling preacher.

We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
(2 Corinthians 6:1-10)

Stand fast sisters, the day of our redemption draweth nigh...(Luke 21:28)

Have a peacefilled evening and trust in the Lord.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...