Blast From My Past....Making Simple Lip Balm

Good evening sisters,
I found another post from my past blog that I'll share with you here:


*********************************************

Making lip balm can seem intimidating because if you go on the internet and start searching you are bound to find hundreds of recipes.  We like simplicity so I chose to find the least uncomplicated method using quality products.

This lip balm uses 3 ingredients:
5 teaspoons oil
3 teaspoons beeswax
6-10 drops of essential oil (your choice)

I used olive oil and infused it with calendula to add nourishing properties to it.  All I did was cover dry calendula flowers with oil and let sit for 6 weeks, strain and use.

To make lip balm you simply add the beeswax to the oil and warm it (while stirring) until the wax melts.  Try not to heat the oil any more than necessary to get the wax to melt.

Tip: I use a discarded (clean) tin can to make this so that I can just toss it out when done because it is VERY DIFFICULT to clean containers after working with beeswax.  It's not impossible but I choose to pick my battles and go the simple route on this one.

Once the beeswax is melted add your essential oil and pour into lip balm containers.  I chose to use the tubes as I had a bunch of them already.  Jim cut me a board with holes in it so I could hold them upright easily.






Let them sit long enough to make sure they are cooled off.  You can then label them if you like.  Since I make all mine the same I don't bother with labels anymore, your choice.


This recipe has a firmer texture so the next time I do this I will lighten up on the beeswax just a little bit. I can't include that measurement in the recipe as I don't know how to compute 'little bit' into numbers:-)

Have a joyous day.
Love,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...