A Thankful Homemaker

Greetings Sisters!
First off I want to say that I pray for you all to have strength to strive on and endure.  It's a hard world and although some have harder times than others, we all have struggles and issues to overcome.  I love writing on this blog because it makes me think more of you than of what I might be going through and therefore by focusing myself on giving encouragement to you, I am uplifted, hoping that in some small way I've brought some light, truth, encouragement and joy to a sister.

I also wanted to encourage you sisters who are able to stay home and be homemakers to be thankful for the opportunity to do that.  Some of you might think it's tiresome and are looking for something more exciting in your life but I would encourage you to be careful because we are not to live in our flesh and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Be thankful that you are protected in your home and able to live a quiet, peaceful life.  What a blessing, one that the Lord will hold you accountable for in how you raise your children, treat your husband if you have one, and what you do with your time.

Brother Jim told me about this elderly lady in the grocery store and then we saw her the next day.



She's about 4' tall and looks to be about 80 lbs, if that, and possibly in her 80's.  The second time we saw her she was pushing a big garbage bin like this with a bunch of cleaning equipment.   It made me think about how she, at that age, gets up and ready for work, putting in her hours and then going home to take care of what's there.  Rain or shine, hot or cold.   How wonderful it would be if people were this dedicated to serving the Lord, amen?  


I've had the opportunity to stay home and do all the homestead things of which I was very thankful.  Now my life is different but I'm thankful for the home I have.  You sisters, who have to work outside the home, be thankful for what you do have and your time that you have inside your home.  It's a blessing to have private space to rest and be away from the world whether it's in the middle of a city, out in the country or on wheels in a parking lot. 

Some day, if we strive on, we will go home to be with the Lord.

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. (2 Corinthians 5:1-9)

Have a blessed evening.

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...