Hope for a Suicidal Stranger

Greetings sisters,
I pray you are well today!  





We just experienced an amazing example of God's perfect timing.  We rolled into a town for the evening and were going to work online, so Brother Jim went inside to get set up and I was a few minutes behind him, finishing up some things in the van.  I walked in to see brother Jim  talking to a man who said he was going to kill himself tonight.  He admitted he was sinful, had done many bad things and asked if God could love a person like him.  Brother Jim explained how God loved the world and gave His son and continued to share the gospel and hope of eternal life.  This man laid his head on the table, crying, saying he was a broken man.  It was obvious to see he had been drinking and he had some alcohol in his bag but as I looked at this man, talking of being broken, talking of not wanting to be here anymore and looking for hope....I saw myself.  

Many years ago that was me...looking for hope in this wretched world but finding none.  None in the 'churches', none at the bottom of a bottle of booze, none in my mind and nobody I knew had any answers. We are so thankful to be here at the right time to offer the answers this man might be looking for.  Brother Jim was able to get some help for him for the evening, made sure he had a gospel card and said to call him tomorrow if he wanted to talk about the things of God and the hope that is offered through Christ.  We are today who we were hoping to be when we started this journey....a light in a dark world to help the hurting and the lost.

Brother Jim just said to me that it's nice to be able to offer hope to people.  Most of this life of ours is one of constant battle with false teachings, mockers, people rejecting the truth etc....it's so encouraging to be able to offer that hope to someone who might be seeking it.

I shared this because I hope this encourages you.  I know you faithful sisters are praying for the lost and broken and for the brothers and sisters you have never met.  Keep praying because the truth is going out and the Lord is doing His will with it.  Pray for this man that he seek truth and not succumb to the lies of satan.  Brother Jim just shared this with me:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised
Luke 4:18

He also posted this so I copied it here:

"Glory to God at least for this night, one soul was snatched from satan's lies/death, now he has a chance to run to Jesus and live!
This is why we....... GO!"

That's what God's people do, and we all have our different roles within it.  The body works together, each with the gifts God has given them, all to His will.  Shine that light sisters. 

Have a joyous evening.
Love in Christ,
Sister Deb




The biblical gospel...