Ramen Noodles Won't Kill You!

Good evening sisters!
I just wanted to make a quick post and share some good news with you...

Ramen Noodles Won't Kill You!

Some of you might not understand so I'll explain.  In America, the foodie people will do everything they can to get you to stop eating pasta, especially ramen noodles, claiming that they are unhealthy and lead to illness. (Ramen noodles are very inexpensive and quick to cook.  They are considered 'poor people's food.)

I used to follow all that hype, thinking that high fiber and raw foods were what would keep people from illness but I was wrong because it was part of the cause of my problems (for me anyway.) Today we eat plain old pasta, even Ramen noodles, without guilt and are just fine.

Let me share an example of what I just bought by stacking coupons...



2 Ramen noodle bowls
2 Pre-cooked rice packagaes
1 Can of chicken and wild rice soup
2 Bananas

Total $7.34 and I paid $1.49

There are many tutorials on the web about coupon apps, printable coupons, weekly deals and how to stack coupons, if you are interested.

I shared that picture with you because 2 years ago there was no way I would buy precooked rice, canned soup or ramen noodles! I was afraid of them and wanted everything natural, raw or from scratch.  Over the past few years, companies have been offering the same products with more natural ingredients and although sometimes you find an ingredient that isn't natural, the amount is a small percentage in the overall volume of food. (No different than eating fresh fruits and vegetables, they all have pesticides on them.) I've left my fear of food behind and now make the best choices I can while being frugal and I trust that our Father will sustain us.  He knows our hearts and knows that we do what we can without being obsessive or wasting resources, He will honor that. 

So, yes, we eat ramen noodles.  I toss out the seasoning packet because I know there's nothing redeeming there...





...but then I add some veggies and when they are done (3-5 minutes of soaking in hot water) I drain, toss with coconut oil or butter and add a few sprinkles of amino acids (like a natural soy sauce) and we have a yummy, super cheap meal that's healthy too.  

I usually get the square packets for less than 20 cents each...


...and do the same with them. (They also have a seasoning packet inside that I toss away.)
On our way out east we passed by some Ramen Restauarants.  I never knew they existed:-)

The noodles are made from flour, bread is made from flour and our Savior ate bread so I'm good with it all.  Yes, I would cook this very same meal for Him and rejoice in it.

This post isn't so much about the noodles as it is about making the best choices you can without fear or obsession.  Women waste too much time researching foods, watching videos, trying new recipes, buying expensive ingredients, making sure there are tons of choices etc...when they should have a simple fare of food and spend all that extra time on the things of God and growing in their faith.  

One note about saving money...If you saved $100 each month on groceries (we have met many families who could EASILY save that much if not double or triple) you would end up with $1200 at the end of the year.  

In 5 years that's $6,000. That's more than we spent on our cargo van house!

Simplicity and repetition is the key.  You don't need complicated meals nor do you need a lot of choices to please your flesh.  

Hopefully that encourages you sisters who might get caught up in the flesh like I did in this area.

Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
1 Corinthians 6:13

Love,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...