Walkers and Witnessing

Good Day Sisters!
Praise God, He uses us no matter where we are, if we are ready.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
1 Peter 3:15


The other day we had just finished standing on the street with our signs and after I got brother Jim settled in with a cup of coffee, I went to use the ladies room.  As I was drying my hands a very elderly lady using a walker (at the pace of a turtle) came out of the other stall.  Behind her was a woman who looked to be her daughter about my age who was in there helping her.  I decided to take my time drying my hands, smiling at the older lady who was smiling at me.  I could tell she couldn't see well because her eyes had a cloudiness and she proved it by pushing her walker right into the wall.  The woman behind her just allowed her to fix it and go on forward again.  I asked her how she was doing and she said she was just fine.  The younger woman said they were coming from Ohio and heading to another state that's much warmer.  I said that we will eventually end up there as well, dug a gospel tract out of my pocket and gave it to her, saying that my husband is a preacher and we share the good news of the gospel. They both thanked me, I bid them a good evening and went back to my seat by brother Jim.

I had just finished telling Jim the story when he looked up and saw the daughter pushing the mother out the door on her walker.  As they passed by the window I waved and they both waved back smiling:-)



After standing out on the street with thousands of cars going by and most people ignoring God's Word, it was a blessing for me to have that opportunity.  I'm glad I was ready:-)

Years ago after I left the corporate world, I worked part time as a caretaker for elderly women. It was a stepping stone that God used to humble me and make me ready for the gospel when I heard it because I was already seeing the futility of this earthly life and seeking what was beyond.  It's a hard job, taking care of the elderly that need constant care, especially those with dementia.  (I've done that too, it's very challenging.)  Much like taking care of small children, it's a full time commitment and one that strips you of who you are and makes you a total servant.  Which is what we are to be just as our Lord and Master was.

Some of us are servants to go seek the lost, some are servants to children, the elderly, parents or whoever the Lord has in our life, but we are all to serve and not seek to be served.  Always be ready because God may give you opportunities (where you least expect it).


Have a joyous evening in the Lord.

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...