Neither Are Your Ways My Ways Saith the Lord

Greetings sisters in Christ!
As we travel through this life as strangers in this world, we see it differently than the unregenerated. What used to be one way, the most logical to the human mind, becomes illogical in the life of Christ.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LordFor as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

I love this reverse life in Christ.  What we used to rejoice in, we now reject and what we used to reject we now rejoice in!  The other day we were in a thrift store and I was excited because I found a big shirt. (A BIG shirt.)  I took a picture and text it to brother Jim who was on the other side of the store.



I was laughing to myself because it used to be that I was excited when I could squeeze into a size smaller but today I rejoice when I find xxx large and could squeeze 3 of me into it! I don't want to turn this into another clothing article but will insert that we sisters need to be wearing loose clothing and if you have troubles with that, remember that our clothing is a sin covering and our Savior is coming back in a long robe and I can guarantee it won't show what His body looks like under it.  Read Revelation 1 where John sees Jesus in a vision wearing a robe to his feet and Revelation 19 also shows Jesus in a robe.

The point of this post is that the life of Christ is opposite of the world and once we are born again what we used to cherish in our flesh, we now hate in our Spirit.

The born again follower of Christ wants to be sliced in the Word of God.  We want to have what we used to love, exposed and expelled for the glory of God.

*Music we used to listen to becomes a wretched noise that we now try to ignore. 
*Gluttonous buffets and 'sinfully delicious' foods that we used to love are now replaced with simple eating and nourishment and thankfulness.
*Holidays that we loved are now rejected and we rejoice in Christ every day.
*Decorations of the body that we were out of pride and vanity are now replaced with humbleness and lowliness.
* Wearing the tightest or smallest clothes used to bring pride, now wearing such things would abhorr us as being naked.
* Doing up our hair and showing it off was like a trophy but now exposing it is like being naked.
* Being bold and bossy was shown as strength, now a meek and quiet spirit shows the strength of the Lord.
* Being a gazing stock for our beauty has been exchanged for being a gazing stock for Christ in our obedience.
* Indulging ourselves used to bring temporary satisfaction and now we are satisfied to be servants to others.
* Flirting, cracking jokes and trying to make others laugh has been replaced with soberness and shamefacedness.
* Getting drunk or high to get through our problems has been replaced with the comfort and joy of the Lord.
* Entertainment (television, movies, books, sports etc) have been replaced with good and godly things in nature.
* Dangerous thrills (racing cars, rodeos, rock climbing) has been replaced with a reverence for each day God has given us.
* Being involved with politics, the news and what's the latest and greatest thing of the world has been replaced with the peace of not caring about it any more.
* Being afraid of death has been replaced with the yearning to be with the Lord.

I love being on the other side, from darkness to light.  I'm thankful to shine that light in a dark world to help others see their way out.  

We stood out in front of a famous racetrack to share the gospel with thousands of people flocking in to see cars drive in a circle for 24 hours. 





They stand there in line, moving ahead a foot at a time for hours on end to get their ticket and find their seat.  They spend their time and money indulging the flesh....just like we used to.  Praise God we were called out and are now called to go call them out.  We pray a sheep was among them and will be convicted.  






As we were standing there we saw a young boy about 10 years old wearing a blue shirt, listening intently to brother Jim preach the gospel (how to find eternal life) and calling people out of their sins.  At one point when Jim was calling people out of the world, he said something about going to the races and the little boy opened his hands in a gesture that was like saying 'why?'  I could see him talking to his father then looking at us.  I wept when I saw his dad put his hand on his head and turn him away from us.  BUT...that little boy wasn't deterred because he kept finding a way to push through the crowd to look and listen as the line moved all the way up to the ticket booth.  My heart ached because he reminded me of our oldest grandson, who we have given much biblical truth, but is living in a house with unregenerate parents, being shown the ways of the world...just like that little boy in the blue shirt.




Then a while later we saw another young boy, the same age, wearing an orange shirt.  He was looking and laughing at us, with his father.  

As I pondered the reaction of both boys, about the same age, it gave me hope.  It showed me that regardless of their age, regardless that they are being raised in a sinful home, those with a heart for God can push through if the seek Him...

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13


I then thought of myself when I was that age, fearful of this God that could see all things and would judge me some day for all the sins I did. I feared that God that I didn't know but who, over the years, heard my cries to Him.  He will hear the cries of those who have a heart for Him and no matter what the world does, if they seek Him, He will help them find their way to Him.

What a glorious God we have!

 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Romans 11:36


I pray that little boy in the blue shirt will nurture those seeds that were planted, and someday grow into a transformed life in Christ.

Those of you who have children at home, rejoice that you have the opportunity to share the gift of the gospel and train them in the ways of the Lord.  

Blessings to you,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...