Our Front Yard

Greetings sisters in Christ!
You probably already know that following Christ is not 'your best life now' as most Sunday preachers will tell you.  We are shown that we will suffer much here on earth...

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

...and are told to be content with food and raiment (clothing)...

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6:8

If a Christian strips their life down from becoming like the world, loving the things of the world and killing their flesh, they will have a life of simplicity, peace and joy.  We find the more we strip away, the more content and thankful we are.

In that, I thought I would show you what our front yard looked like this morning.




Based on the way we were parked and the traffic flow, we had cars coming right by our open van door.  At one point a semi truck with trailer squeezed in a turn between us and the other truck, coming so close I had to shut the door.  Brother Jim was out working on the van, organizing and getting things situated and commented on how he's got to be careful not to back up or else get hit by a car.

But guess what....we were thankful for this place to park because by being in this town, we have had a lot of opportunities to witness.  I even had some in the grocery store with some ladies who asked where I was from. Praise God!

So let me ask you, are you thankful for your food and raiment?  Or is it something you've come to expect?  There may come a day that we Christians are running for our lives and every scrap of cloth and every morsel of food will become extremely valuable to us...with much thanksgiving to God.  Let's not wait until then and give Him (hearty) thanks today.

Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
Psalm 18:49



We will be heading down the road tomorrow and I look forward to what sort of front yard I will have then:-)

Love to my thankful sisters,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...