Christian Hypocrites

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I pray you are striving in obedience and truth!  Obedience and truth are so rare today in so called 'professed' Christians and we are seeing the ramifications of that of which satan is having a field day.  Brother Jim will often ask a seeker "How many people do you know that go to church but live just like everyone else in the world?"  Most people answer "Everyone."  Brother Jim asks them what that is called and most get it right, a 'hypocrite'.

Today I want to talk about 'Christian Hypocrites'. I recall a time before I was a new creation in Christ that I was a bartender.  (A typical partying bartender.) One night as I was leaving after a shift at 2am, I turned down offers to go party the rest of the night because I had to get up to teach Sunday school. 

Everyone laughed me out of the bar and I never forgot it. 
(It was actually a seed and a turning point in my life. Glory to God, even in the middle of my nastiness I knew I was a sinner, was crying out to God and in His timing I was set free from that life and born into a new one in Him!)

My point of this is that I was a hypocrite and if any of the youth in that Sunday school class saw the real me, I would have been a bad influence and stumbling block.  Just like the people we meet on the street and they talk bout how their family, friends, neighbors etc go to church but they act just like them.  They clearly see the hypocrisy and are confused and want nothing to do with today's modern Christianity. Praise God for that, brother Jim tells them to stay away from that system of man and get into the bible, cry out to God in repentance and pray that God will guide them in truth.

I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
Psalm 77:1

We are responsible for being a biblical example lest we have blood on our hands for being a stumbling block because we live a hypocritical life while knowing and claiming the truth.

The world is watching our every move.  It could be a co-worker, an old friend that doesn't even talk to you anymore, a neighbor, the clerk at the grocery store, children etc.  Everything you buy, do, say, wherever you go, how you dress, talk, sped your money, and treat others is a living example of the power of our God in you.  They may think we are just like all the other hypocritical 'Christians' they know so we have to show them otherwise.  We need to show that we have the truth, we stand on the truth, we obey the truth and nothing can move us from that truth.  

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:5

I didn't have the power of God in me when I was a hypocrite but now when people see me, they see a new person, one of holiness and obedience which represents a powerful God that can transform lives.  What does the world see in you?





Thank the Lord for this day!
Blessings,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...