Witnessing to a Mormon Muslim at the Store

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I want to share a witnessing experience I just had night.  I was walking through the store and a woman worker was putting away some cast iron pans and as I came closer she said she liked my ____?___ and pointed to my head. (She spoke English but I had to struggle to understand her but we made it through the conversation, praise God.)  I told her that it was a headcovering and that I'm a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ and gave her a gospel card.




She eagerly grabbed it and said "What is this?"  I explained that it was a gospel card, the good news of of Jesus Christ and how to gain eternal life.  She was excited, tucked it into her pocket and said 'I am Mormon, we both believe in Jesus."  I replied no, the Mormons do not follow the biblical Jesus, they follow a man made system that came along many years after Christ.  I also explained that none of the man made religious systems are from God and listed many of them such as Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Jehovah Witness etc.  She claimed she was a Jehovah Witness until she converted to be a Mormon.  (I'll admit that I constantly forget that Joseph Smith is the founder of the Mormon's and I confuse their theology with the Jehovah Witness so instead of debating theology I simply went after the foundation.  The foundation they have is not of Christ but of a man.)  

I asked if she was married and she said no.  I told her she needs to test herself and her religion to the Word of God because they are not teaching what God's Word says.  She adamantly claimed that they were and I said, "No, I can prove it to you.  They are not teaching you to have your headcovered and you are not biblically dressed."  (I went right after the reason she noticed me.)

She was silent for a long moment, just looking at me and then said "I'm also a Muslim.  I'm Mormon and Muslim."

Once again I told her she needs to cast aside the man made denominations and get into the Word of God because she's deceived and I love her as my neighbor so I tell her the truth.

She was very polite, in fact very eager to debate but because it was a public place, she was working and I saw where the conversation was going, I ended the conversation by encouraging her to check out our website which clearly shows the differences between what her religion teaches vs what God's Word says and my husband and I are happy to help her.  I kindly told her to have a good day and she replied the same.  The conversation lasted only a few minutes but hopefully changes her for a lifetime.

Always be ready because you can get caught off guard and lose a chance to witness.  I keep a bunch of gospel cards in the outside pocket of my purse so that within a matter of a couple seconds I can have one out.

Praise God for these moments because they don't come my way very often.  In fact it seems that I've had a string of them because I have a few from out street witnessing event the other day, to share with you in another post.

God will use us in the way He sees fit. If you are obedient and ready, you will be a worker for the kingdom of God as there are many ways He uses us sisters.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
1 Peter 3:15

Have a joyous day in the Lord, sister!

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...