Witnessing to Women

Greetings to our sisters in Christ,

I want to share with you the latest 'Married & in the Word' video brother Jim and I made.  It fits right in this post that I've had in draft for a few days.


I also want to encourage you with some witnessing stories that happened while we were at a busy pedestrian mall.  (It's what they call it when you have to walk down the streets, shopping, instead of driving.) This place has hundreds if not thousands of people walking it on a daily basis.

We found a good spot at the end of the road where people either crossed the street, got on a trolley or turned around and went back down the street. We had a lot of foot traffic for brother Jim to preach the Word of God to and I held my sign and handed out gospel tracts.




Not long after we were out, a woman kept looking at me and I offered a gospel card by holding my hand out with it.  She walked over and said 'What is that?"  I told her it was a gospel card and shared with her that brother Jim and I are there to share the gospel and to encourage people to get into God's Word and out of man made religion.  She said she was there to feed the homeless. (There are a lot of beggars on this street.)  She then said that we need to be Jesus' hands and feet and give them the gospel without words.  I said that Jesus taught for 3 days BEFORE He fed them and then after that He rebuked them for following after Him for their belly.  


Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
John 6:26 -27

I also said that man doesn't live by bread alone but by every word of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4)

Then I explained that we talk to many beggars, offer them food but the most important thing we can give them is the gospel and how to find eternal life.  She pushed back again about how we are to just feed them so I told her that is something she can certainly look into.  I then turned it back to her and said she needed to test herself because I can see she is not being taught the truth but she didn't want anything to do with the truth of God and walked off. (She was very immodestly dressed and by her words, had bad theology.) I watched her later walk down the street with a shopping bag filled with purchases and she would bend over by each beggar and say something.  She gave no food or anything....

A muslim woman walked up to me and I handed her a gospel card. She asked what faith we were and I explained we belong to no group, no denomination, no man made religious organization and that we are simply born again believing followers of Jesus Christ sharing the gospel, good news.  She asked if we were Jehovah Witness. I again explained that we belong to no group and encourage people to reject man made religion and get into their bible.  She smirked, said she is a Muslim and asked me if I had read the Koran. I said no but my husband Jim has and pointed to him. She started to say something else but I knew where it was going so I asked if she had a husband and when she said she did, I said to have him contact Jim and he would love to talk to him.   Based on her attitude I was not going to entertain her attempts at a debate.


Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 9-11




Another woman with small children was pushing a stroller by me and said in passing 'It gives me goosebumps to hear him preach and see you out here.'  I gave her a gospel card and encouraged her to test herself to the Word of God and share it with her husband.  She said she is a Christian and I told her she really needs to test her religious body and herself as she is clearly not being taught the truth. (She was very immodest.) I encouraged her to have her husband contact brother Jim.  She thanked me and walked off.

An angry woman walked by and read my sign that said:
Fear God & Repent
She shouted out "I don't fear God!"
I said " The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, ma'am".  
She shot me a dirty look and kept walking.

An older woman walked by, stopped just a few inches from me, angrily stared right in my face and finally said "Do you know where the Basilica is?"  We were standing on the sidewalk at the corner of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine. I said "We're here to share the gospel ma'am."  She sneered, shook her head and walked off.  

A woman in the Catholic church (the basilica we were by) came out yelling at brother Jim to go away and that we're not supposed to be there.  Jim explained that the police officer (he just talked to) said it was public property and we are in our legal rights on the sidewalk.  Not long after that another police officer came by, checked regulations on speech, and location and informed us that we had more rights than they had originally thought. (We always check in with the police and find out about the laws of the town.)

I share these events with you to show that we always need to be ready to give an answer.  We, especially brother Jim and I, have to be fully aware and ready because people like to blindside us and set us up to fall.  I'm of the mindset that anyone that comes could be a wolf in disguise and need to prove themselves otherwise.  (Often we can discern them quickly by their their first question and body language but there are a few that look like or seem like they might be something else and so they are to be tested.) 

I normally don't get as many opportunities to witness like I have lately but I always try to be ready so as to give an answer....or rebuke (to a woman) if necessary. 

Sometimes women will interrupt brother Jim while he's preaching to ask him a question and right there that shows a disrespect for a man.  I'm standing there quiet and instead of talking to me they will walk over to him, make him stop preaching and in their feminism they usurp the authority of a man by demanding answers to questions.  Brother Jim is nice about it and asks if they have a husband and if so they need to have their husband contact him and we'd be happy to help them.  Right there, they should back off but they don't, they continue to stand there asking questions which once again, is disrespectful of the headship order God set up and we stand on God's Word, not being pushed by feminism.  Of course they get mad and walk away saying we are unapproachable (and other negative things) yet we said we'd love to hear from them later when we're not our on the streets.

We explain that we are there to share the gospel, and that people can call or email us later and we're happy to help. This way we can continue to reach the masses that are passing by and still help people later. 9 times out of 10 (often 10 of 10) they are not there for truth but to contend against or defend their religious organization.  

Beware sisters, most women that approach us are wolves but many come disguised calmly, probing to find a weakness that they can pounce on.  It's no different than the Pharisees questioning Jesus and trying to set Him up.  He simply returned it back to them and made them go away and think about it.

I also want to share that you have to be very careful with the woman who seems like she might be nice and gentle as we have seen most will reveal their true wicked insides once they are confronted with truth that does not fit their liking.  They will then (like most men brother Jim talks to) try to find a common ground to agree upon to find some sort of unity to build from.  That's a dangerous place to go because once you determine that there are doctrinal differences, there cannot be unity of any sort until those differences are worked out.  Let me give you a simple example.  Say you meet a woman that claims to have repented and is born again, dresses sort of modest (not biblical) and doesn't cover her head.  You may find a lot of theological common ground with her and think you can overlook the sin of unbiblical dress or headcovering (I use those examples because we find they are the MOST contentious issues for women) but God's Word says you CANNOT unite until there is unity all of God's Word.  That's just one example, we find many more contentious issues such as coming out of the world, stripping ourselves down...just being obedient to ALL of God's Word.

We noticed that day when we stopped to take a break and stood quietly with our signs, people smiled at us, gave a thumbs up etc...but as soon as brother Jim began preaching the truth of God's word, the blood of Christ, how people trample it, coming out from the word, separation from man made religion, being obedient etc...the same people were angry.

The Word of God CUTS and divides, just as it should.  It's as sword after all:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Hebrews 4:12-13

It's that sharp sword that brings life...it cut me when I was dead and brought me to life.  Amen!

Have a joyous evening.

Love,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...