Blanket Walls for Insulating the Van

Good evening sisters,
I pray you are all fighting the good fight:

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12

We are also fighting our way through the various projects on our list!  Brother Jim is going to finish the generator box soon and I'll post that in a few days.

I finished the blanket walls for the sides of the van. Yay! We tossed around the idea of putting up insulation and paneling but after experimenting in the cold weather while we were on the road, we noticed that blankets (even haphazardly put up) did a pretty good job.  Since the van walls are metal I was able to find heavy duty magnets with hooks to hang the blankets from.  (I used 2 fleece blankets on each wall for extra insulation.)  I then randomly attached the blankets to the walls with more magnets yet leaving air gaps between.  



Edited to add: I sewed some magnets in between the blankets so that they would hold it to the wall better and make a neater look around the windows. 

The dark blue square is a window covering.  I sewed the bottom to the blanket and all you do is lift it up, tuck it around the magnet hooks on top and now you have an insulated window.  To remove it, simply unhook it and drop it down.

Some people are concerned that there will be condensation on the walls which will cause the blankets to rot but that's not what we've found.  In fact there was no condensation at all until we dropped a blanket totally off the wall and the warm air hit it.  These are simple though, if we do have a problem all we do is unhook from the magnets and within a few minutes they are off. This will help keep the summer sun from heating the inside and also keep in the warmth during cold weather.  

Simple and inexpensive!

My next project on the list is to sew brother Jim some more tunic extensions on his shirts, hopefully either tomorrow or the next day.  Yep, I'll even post some pics so you can see how imperfect my sewing is and hopefully it will encourage those of you who sew like me:-) 

I leave you with a precious picture from a few years ago...



There's not much more precious than flowers from a young one.

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...