Go Into ALL the World Even Outside Your Comfort Zone

Greetings sisters in Christ!
It wasn't long ago that we were in some places that, in our flesh, we really didn't like and I'm sure as time goes on we will encounter that more and more.



Brother Jim and I are (at heart) country folks.  Before we were new creations in Christ we both grew up in the country but have lived in big cities, traveled all over the country on business to big cities, navigated through traffic in big cities, dealt with all the big city dealings and learned how to just live with it even though it was not something we enjoyed.  How much more should we do while in Christ?

For the past several years (before going full time traveling ministry) we had the enjoyment of living in small towns and in the country.  We had peace and quiet, lots of space around us, safe communities where everyone minds their own business, people respect others properties and takes care of their own...it was awesome to the flesh.

But when Jesus said 'go into all the world', He didn't mean just the small country towns and middle sized cities.  He meant all over...

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Matthew 16:15

The past couple months we've been ALL over places that we didn't particularly care for.  Places where the police sirens are racing all night long and people stare at you as you drive by because you don't fit in.  Big cities that you're not sure what part of town you should park in until you drive through the wrong one.  Places where you can see the people don't care about life and toss trash all over the parking lot and at night the cars start prowling around.  Places where it seems there are no speed limits and everyone is tempting God with their driving skills.  

These are the places we don't want to go, but did.
And the gospel went out.  
And Lord willing, we shall live another day, for it to go out again!

I'll be honest with you, there are times that I have to carefully watch my flesh and my words so as not to hinder what my husband, brother Jim, feels led to do as we go out to share the gospel.  If I voice my (fleshly) concerns then he will become more concerned with me, than what he is to be doing for the Lord.  

Trust...its something I've learned a lot of out here on the streets.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

It's pretty easy to read that verse or share it with someone else but it's something entirely different when it comes to doing it.  There's a depth to trust that one cannot fathom until you come up against things that you have never encountered before.  Situations that stretch you to the limit and you want to turn and run.  

Just the other day we were at a religious building, standing outside with our signs and brother Jim was preaching the gospel and calling them to repentance.  As time went on, the men got pretty mad, separated Jim and I and got physical toward us.

It wasn't a place or situation I wanted to be a part of in my flesh and to top it off I wasn't feeling well, but the Holy Spirit was my strength and He takes over.  I watch as brother Jim stand there taking the attacks of angry men while he proclaims the Word of God, that they 'claim' to follow and I'm sure in his flesh, that's not where he wants to be.There are times we, as believers, just have to 'go' and trust that God will give you what you need, when you need it.  

Every single time....He does. 

As obedient believers and followers of Christ, we are all pulled out of our comfort zones and stretched into what God wants us to be.  Through the refining fires we are made pure.

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.
Zechariah 13

Through all this we learn to die to self and live for the Lord.  
Stretching outside our comfort zone hurts just saying it :-) but it's always a good thing because that's how we grow.  

I'm sure you all see areas in your past that have been hard to go through but on the other side you have grown tremendously, so much so that had you not gone through it, you wouldn't be where you are now. Remember that when the next trail comes upon you.

In my secular past, before I was a new creation in Christ, I was pretty wild for a while and would jump right in and 'go', so how much more should I be for trusting the Lord to guide and watch over?!

I hope you have a joyous evening and truly trust in the Lord for all things.  Nothing can or will happen without our Father doing or allowing it.

Love,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...