Imitation Ice Cream

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I thank the Lord for every day that I get to send out my love on this blog to all of you.  We rejoice because we receive emails from believers all over the world, striving in the truth of God and we are thankful to be an encouragement to them.  
Know that we are praying for you, keep your eyes on Christ and don't waver from the truth!!!  Let this blog be my contribution to the fellowship of the sisters:-)

We just finished traveling across a state, heading into the midwest and I thought I'd do a fun post about food.

Brother Jim and I really, really like ice cream but we don't eat it very often for a few reasons:

* Health.  We eat healthy (not obsessive) and try not to over indulge in high calorie treats very often.  
* Cost.  Ice cream shops are pretty pricey and it's hard for us to hand over $4-$5 for a pint at a grocery store.  Not that it would be sinful to do, we just choose to spend that money elsewhere.
* I can't eat much without having issues.  (Turns out to be a good thing then:-)

So we've come up with an alternative:




Greek vanilla yogurt with a drizzle of caramel topping (or chocolate:-)

It's a very satisfying, healthy treat that cures the ice cream taste for us, saves money and we get some bacterial health benefits from it.  I often get coupons for yogurt so that makes it taste even better:-)

Brother Jim had to tell me the other day that we have crossed the threshold of another year of marriage.  We (mostly me) normally forget because we don't do anything out of the norm on that day.  But, it was funny because we stopped at a discount grocery store and brother Jim found this:






  ...for under $3.



We don't eat much meat but that tray looked so tasty and perfectly matched up that we couldn't pass it up as a treat.  That night brother Jim said "hey, guess what day it is!" February 29th...the day we got married years ago. We don't celebrate any special days because they are all special in the Lord to us but it just so happened we had a good laugh and good food that night.  (No, it's not sinful to celebrate your marriage anniversary, we just choose not to.)

While we were at the discount store I looked up to see brother Jim walking toward me with this huge roll of paper towels!  He did it to make me laugh.




I also found this video I made a few weeks ago...



We were taking a walk through a small retirement village made of very old mobile homes that were well kept and nicely done with plants and all sorts of homey landscaping for such tiny lots. Some of them were so cute with a nice coat of paint and lots of plants, I don't know why I didn't take any pictures for you :-(

Proverbs 3:33
The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.

It made me think about how the home is what we make of it. I can testify to that because I've lived in apartment buildings in big cities on the bad side of town, apartments and mobile homes with tiny or no yards in nominal towns, a house in town with a nice yard, large acreage farms in the country and now our van in parking lots. No matter where we live, we can do things in our home that bring peace and joy to our life as a refuge from the world. 

Our (van) home doesn't offer much in the way of plants and decor but it offers many diverse opportunities to stretch us...

There's a town in Florida that we parked in several nights (as we traversed across the state witnessing at events) and they have these storm grates in the lot, for all the storm water to run.  When a car drives over it, it makes a big clunking and banging sound.  

Bang, Bang!  

Every time a car goes over it.



There's one on the other side of the lot as well so we just learned how to deal with it.  After a while it made me smile because it reminded me to kill some more of my flesh.  

We are venturing into another journey of our life, eliminating one last physical tie to this earth and then we are 100% free.  I said to brother Jim that it'll be like cutting the last rope on the ship and floating out to sea...trusting in the Lord to where we will go and what we will do.  

I'll sign off here with some flowers that our Father in Heaven created.




Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8
Thank the Lord for this day He gave us and be strong for the next one coming.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...