Milk and Honey and Off Grid Coffee

Good afternoon sisters in Christ,
Today is another gift from the Lord, let us rejoice and be thankful for it. He has transformed us into a new creation from the wretched being of our past.  Praise God for His forgiveness and mercy and let us strive on in holiness and obedience!

I saw this picture at a thrift store a while ago and thought it was simple and quaint...speaking volumes of times past when life was less complicated.




Brother Jim remembers the milk man and I remember a short time my parents were helping out on a farm and bringing fresh milk home in a metal can.  We would skim the cream off and take turns shaking it in a mason jar until it turned into butter.  (That was like gold to us in our poor family.) 

There was a time that brother Jim and I milked goats and I made butter, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, kefir and all that from the milk.  (We also at one time had over 50 egg laying hens so this picture says much to me :-) 

We normally don't drink much milk but when we got back here to the land I found a gallon jug of maple syrup that I forgot we had so I've been making us each a small glass of maple milk before bed.





I enjoyed the look of it before I stirred it.  Maple syrup has all the nourishing minerals from the trees and tastes so good.  What an awesome gift from our Father who created all things. It makes me think of how nourishing milk and honey sounds (even though it's maple syrup I'm using.)

But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.
Leviticus 20:24


I also saw this sign at the same thrift store:



We are simple when it comes to coffee and don't have specific requirements except for it being hot with some cream :-) 

Here's how I do our coffee without using a lot of propane while we're traveling.  I bought tea bags in bulk (400) for $10 and just fill them with coffee.   (I can't remember if I showed you this already?)





(We found some coffee discounted to $1.50 and got quite a few bags so we're set for a while.)   Each morning I drop one in each thermos, add a little bit of hot water and fill the rest with room temp water then let them sit overnight. 






I like these for travel because they're sturdy enough to withstand tipping over or falling without spilling or breaking.  The bags cost .0025 each and a small scoop of coffee is pennies so we get 4 big cups for a pittance and it works great for travel.    

Sometimes I make iced coffee with the same ingredients...cold coffee, creamer and a sweetener.  It's refreshing after being out on the street, in the sun, witnessing all day.

When we're on our homestead in Missouri and have plenty of water, I can make coffee by putting the grounds in the thermos then pour it through a screen the next day.

Let us be thankful for the simple things in life...

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
Psalm 19:7

That's it for my keeper at home post today and I leave you with another of God's beautiful creation:



This was taken out west during the wild fires, turning the sky and sun red.

Have a peace filled day.
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...