Taxes, Witnessing and Other Stuff

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I'm rejoicing because I have the biggest part of our taxes finished (I hope) and soon will be set free from the complication of our business.  (We did business in many states so therefore the filing is crazy on it.)  I'm thankful to be going back to a simplified version as of this year, praise God. 

This picture shows that freedom:



Not long ago that pile of logs would have looked really good to us for our carving business but since we shut that part of our life down, we now can focus on ministry full time.  There's brother Jim's shadow with his witnessing stick.  (It's a wooden walking stick with scripture verses on it.  It opens the door to much witnessing!)  Here's another funny picture...




We were fishing in the marketplace (you can read about what we call the marketplace here:https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-marketplace-and-fishing.html ) and brother Jim started laughing and pointed at the chainsaw on the floor.  Needless to say he walked over to talk to the guy and share the gospel.  Turns out the man is a tree climber / trimmer and had just gotten off work. 

I forgot to post this picture a while back.  Brother Jim took a picture of me while we were taking our morning walk.





I've mentioned before how I really don't care for bridges but we get to cross our share as we travel.




It's a wonder how someone managed to design them so they don't fall....or hopefully don't.





As we came from the southern point of the country up to the midwest where we are now, we saw these beautiful trees in spring bloom. It's amazing, the wondrous works of our Father.




O Lord God, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?
Deuteronomy 3:24

Not long after we saw those trees brother Jim saw this miniature baby pony.  I missed it so he turned around so I could get out and get a video.  He was so tiny, fluffy and cute!!!






I'd be surprised if he was 2 feet tall...

There are many different places to park overnight and sometimes they they can stretch us a bit. We've been at this stop before and it was pretty quiet but just a few days ago while we were there, it was pretty loud....


It was a rainy night but we got in a little walk in between the downpours.


Because it was chilly, we had the windows shut in our van home and didn't hear much of the trucks until they pulled up for gas, then left.  We learn to get along wherever we are:-)
Oh, and that place has something that we look forward to in the morning.  Biscuits!  Brother Jim bought us each one, what a treat!   I do miss making them myself (a little).  In fact while we were getting the last of our earthly things that we don't need, up for sale, I had to look away from my baking utensils.



The other day I told brother Jim that sometimes my flesh misses the homestead life...but I get over it pretty quick.  We're constantly on duty in this life and every single day we see why we are here, so it makes those things like dung.  

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:8

Not a day goes by that the gospel doesn't go out or someone walks up to ask about it.  In fact just last night brother Jim was struggling with a big, bad headache and I've been battling one of my issues so we packed up early and were going to go to the van for the evening when a young man walked up to brother Jim.  Turns out he knows some of the people from the unbiblical Mennonite church down the road (that we stood outside of and brother Jim tried to reason with them).  That's a story in itself as they laughed and mocked the things of God. Anyway, this man stood and talked to Jim for over an hour about God's word and during that time I was praying that God would help Jim over his headache, which of course He did.  He always gives us just what we need.  

Remember that.

God will give you what you need, when you need it.  It's not always going to be what YOU think you need, it'll be what HE knows you need and sometimes it's just enough to get by.  

I also get to share the gospel, not as often, but enough to encourage me to be 'ready to give an answer'.  Sometimes, during our morning walk, we go inside the store and then try to find each other.  I was in the produce section when a man on a scooter (whatever you call those motorized chairs) came over by me, pointed to my headcovering and asked if I was from a group in Arkansas.  I said no and explained quickly that we don't belong to any denomination and that we are simply born again followers of Jesus, reading and obeying the scriptures. I offered him a gospel card, said my husband would love to hear from him and showed him our contact info.  He then asked me a theological question and I said "I'd love to answer that but it's not my place.  Women are not to teach men but my husband would be happy to answer that and any question you have."  I don't know if he was setting me to to see what I'd say because he said "Very good, we also teach that women are not to teach."  

Can you imagine how I would have destroyed brother Jim's witness if I would have been disobedient to scripture and answered his question, which would have been teaching a man who claims to be a believer?  We have to stick to scriptures and be obedient to them in ALL things lest we bring reproach to ourselves, our spiritual heads and most important....God.

Have a joyous evening and I leave you with another beautiful creation from our Father.



Blessings to you sisters,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...