Off Grid Coffee

Greetings sisters in Christ!
This post is for those of you who like coffee and might need a different way of making it instead of the conventional coffee maker.  I know, there's a lot of controversy about coffee and some people call it the Christian drug.  If that's so then I would like to add chocolate, pizza, and cookies as they can be overindulged and I've seen those such things alter people's moods.  Coffee has antioxidant properties as does tea and as in all things, moderation.  Paul says we are not to be mastered in anything (1 Corinthians 6:12)  Moving on from that....

I want to share a couple ways to make coffee without having a coffee maker and in a way that saves propane if you are off grid or traveling.

You may have seen in a previous post how I shared these bags that we fill with coffee.


Put a bag in a container, cover with water and let sit until the next morning.  We like these bags when we're living in the van on the road because there is no clean up needed and therefore conserves our water. You can also drop a bag in a cup of very hot water, let it sit several minutes (like brewing tea) and you have an instant cup of coffee instead of making a big pot.

When we're at our off grid homestead and have all the water we want, I use this method:


Put the coffee grounds in a jar and let them sit over night.  (I like to use the sun to warm up the water so it gets a bit stronger.  (You can decide how you like to brew yours, cold, warm, hot...it all is a trial and error.)  When I'm ready to use it, I just pour it through a coffee strainer.



It's really simple and needs no power to do it.


Rinse out the grounds (you can save them for the garden if you want) and start all over again.  We are not picky people and it turns out different all the time but we're thankful no matter what.   

I really don't drink much coffee but I do like to have an iced coffee at times. All you do for that is take some cold coffee, add some creamer and a bit of sweetener, stir it well and add some ice.  

There you have it, simple coffee for simple lives, my Titus2 offering to you.

Give thanks to God for all He has provided for us and here's another picture of God's amazing creation.



With Love,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...