Peanuts and the Profane

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I want to share with you a story about my past.  When I was young I was pushed through the man made Lutheran system by my parents and part of that was to do their silly Christ-mass Eve plays.  I was very young and didn't know any better so I thought it was a good thing to do even though I hated Sunday school (I was very shy and didn't fit in) and I didn't like church because I didn't understand any of it (praise God for that) but I had a fear and respect of God.  Anyway, at that time of the year, all I knew was they said it was Jesus' birthday and we were to celebrate it.  (It never made sense to me why we gave gifts because birthday people receive gifts and we weren't having a birthday, Jesus was.  Nobody could answer that for me.) Moving on to the play....we all had our roles to say and do and at the end of it was a big surprise (for me and my siblings anyway.)  After the play was over, every child received a small brown bag filled with peanuts in the shell, a couple of those fancy looking candies and an orange.  We were a very poor family so something like that was HUGE to us!  I ate each peanut one by one, enjoyed that juicy orange and savored those couple pieces of candy and when it was done, I was already looking forward to the next year.

I thought of this story because I bought a bag of peanuts the other day to share with the squirrels and while I was munching on some I told brother Jim what I remembered.  He said 'too bad they didn't teach you the truth there, you should share about that on the sisters blog'.




Amen.  I was not taught the truth there.  They gave away peanuts but taught the profane (ungodly).  Lies and deceit were what they gave out instead of the truth and when I tried to tell my family that (after I was born again), they hated me (us).  

I'm sure many of you have similar stories of being deceived in the worldly, man made religious system.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Revelation 3:9

Praise God we have been set free to serve our Father in Spirit and Truth John 4:24!

I know it's painful when you lose your earthly family or suffer persecution from them but we will have a new family in heaven.  Well, we have a new family right now but many are scattered, many alone, few are together but we have that great reward waiting for us if we endure.

Brother Jim and I have a righteous anger against that satanic man made system of lies and are thankful to be a part of exposing it and helping others see the truth.




Praise God for your freedom in Christ to serve Him in obedience to His word and not the lies of man.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...