Ye Are The Salt Of The Earth

Good evening Christian sisters!
We are enjoying a mild evening with a soft rain falling.  How is your evening?


Today we had to run some errands and at one place I ran into the store for a salt shaker that seals out moisture while brother Jim waited in the van.  As I walked up to the doors that I normally enter through I saw signs saying the doors were closed, but someone had just walked out from them so I was confused.  It took me a couple seconds to realize that the world is still in their panic and I went to find the doors that would let me in.  As I wound through the entry maze and entered the store, I went right to the aisle I needed and searched for the salt shaker that I was hoping they would have.  



They didn't have what I wanted and as I turned to walk back up the aisle I saw a woman moving along on a scooter chair coming toward me.  I stood where I was so that she could go where she wanted when she stopped right next to me. She wasn't wearing a face mask so I thought that was a good sign to talk to her.  I asked her if I was in her way and when she said no, she was looking at something right next to me I told her to let me know if she needed me to help her reach something and that opened the door for her to tell me about her issue and why she was looking at various containers. She eventually asked me to reach one for her, which I did, and I noticed she could care less that I was touching the same thing she was. (I reference that because most people we see are so fearful of touching anything or talking to anyone.)  After some talk, she was about ready to leave and I got out a gospel card.  I mentioned to her that I noticed she didn't have a mask on (she rolled her eyes and smiled) and I also said that I noticed that she wasn't afraid of touching the container so I thought it would be okay if I offered her a gospel card, and then held it up to her.  She took it, thanked me and started reading it.  I shared a bit on how we encourage people to seek the truth of God in His word and not through man made religious systems that are deceiving people.  

She began talking about those places are about power and money and that is greed and that people shouldn't be greedy but thankful.  That was a nice opening for me to share about how the gospel is something to be thankful for.  After talking a bit more, we bid our farewells and she motored on her way. I smiled to myself and God, thanking Him for allowing that opportunity and realized I was where I was supposed to be at the right time...

See... I've been struggling with some physical issues and really didn't feel like going in that store but brother Jim encouraged me to do so.  I'm glad I did because God allowed me to share the life giving gospel to that nice woman, who was receptive.  That event was a great blessing to me for a couple reasons.  

* It's always an awesome thing to share the gospel with someone.

* It was nice to see a normal person going about her daily life without the panic and fear that many have.

* It showed me that even though I have a lot a physical struggles and I often have to drag this old tent (body) around :-) God will use us in any condition so we better be ready.

Then as I was heading out the door, I had a confusing moment of trying to navigate their exit maze and as I was doing so, instead of getting sad about this worldly situation they are exploiting or upset because they are making things complicated, I smiled.  

I smiled because:

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ
Philippians 3:20

Our citizenship is in heaven not this earth. I told brother Jim about my witnessing event when I got back in the van and then shared with him that I feel like we are like in a foreign country, (even more now) having to figure out how the natives live and abide by their rules.  We both agree that we're looking forward to what's ahead of us and ready to leave this all behind, in the Lord's timing.  Until then we will continue to be diligent workers and I will sing praises when I get to share the gospel and make sure I'm always ready to give an answer to the hope that lies within me.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
1 Peter 3:15

As I finish this day I smile at a certain verse, the one that comes after Philippians 3:20.  

Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Philippians 3:21

Yep, I'm really looking forward to that!

I leave you with this more beauty from our Father:


Blessings and love,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...