On The Road Again

Greeting sisters in Christ!
Praise the Lord we were able to help our brother with several things and we are not back on the road, heading north and sharing the gospel along the way. 

(Picture by brother Jim)


I shot a couple videos as we were leaving to share some beauty with you. This one is of a dam close to where our homestead is.





I've shared that I really dislike crossing bridges / dams and this one is no exception.  It sure looks nice from up above but it's old and to me it seems like it would crumble under the tires.  Brother Jim smiles and tells me to trust in God.  

He's right.





The next one is a road not far in the opposite direction, as we head north.



The land here is amazingly beautiful! Our Father created it all.

The weather has been incredible, so cool and breezy, what a treat!  We are prepared in our van for whatever weather we encounter but most importantly we are prepared inside, to deal with whatever comes our way.  Flesh killing is something that we appreciate the more we do it.

We don't normally plan too far ahead on where we're going but do have places in mind.  Some bigger cities that we are looking into have pedestrian malls (streets where no cars can drive and it's all walking) in their downtown areas, and we're thinking about checking them out for street preaching. There is also a big tourist spot in Wisconsin, close to where we were from, that might be opening up and would be a good spot for street preaching also.  Not sure how that'll all work but we'll take one day at a time and see what happens.

Before we left on the road again, brother Jim added this window to our van, thank you brother Jim!



It's a porthole window for a boat and they are very inexpensive compared to pricey RV windows.  We have several of them around the van so we get a lot of ventilation which is really good especially for a woman over 50 yrs old. (I'm sure some of you know what I mean:-)

While we were there I was able to wash up our clothes and get a fresh start on the journey.  Have I ever shared how much I love hand washing clothes:-)  Haha, I really do, in fact I look forward to each time!  On our trip toward Branson, MO not long ago (you can hear the witnessing audio HERE)  I had my clothes soaking and agitating as we drove down the road.  (You can read how I do that HERE.) 

We came along a truck stop that is known for having water available for customers so we stopped.




I rinsed our clothes out under our hand wash station on the back of the van, then hung the shirts on the door to drip a bit and hung the smaller items up in the hanging rack in the van.  (We park where people cannot see in the van so we have a bit of privacy.)






Then we refilled the water at the handwash station and we were ready to go.




The windows were open and the air blowing through dried the clothes, what a joy! (The small things in life huh?!)  Living in a van makes one find different ways of doing things and I'll try to share more on that as we go.  For instance, here's a recycling tip.



See that cup?  It's recycled.  I sometimes get coupons for buy one get one free coffee (which equals .80 cents each) so we will treat ourselves.  When we do, we always ask for a couple cups of ice to go along with it and then I use the cups when we're done.  For instance, I can use one of these cups to mix up our scrambled eggs and then toss it out and not have to use water or paper towels to clean up messy eggs.  We also do that with eating dinner out of them or like you see above....  I cut them down to small dessert size, put in some  blueberries, yogurt and dark chocolate cookie crumbles for a healthy treat, all discounted of course.  So not only do we appreciate the ice but we also put the disposable cups to good use one more time before disposal.  On that note, I also save the straws because they are good for mixing up eggs instead of using a fork, then can be tossed.  I know it sounds strange but not only is it frugal but it's a challenge to see how much a person can use things and do it inexpensively.  That's my keeper of the (van) home job.  I'll share more as we go.

This day has almost come to an end and soon it will be tomorrow so I leave you with this pretty picture from a saint in a far away land.



Blessings and peace,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...