Solar Soup Stock and Pan Cookies

Hello sisters in Christ!
I pray your day is joyous in the Lord and you are striving on in obedience in love of the Father.



Today I want to share with you about making soup stock in the solar cooker (sun oven, solar oven, whatever you call it:-)  You can see mine HERE and what we do with it.

It gets up to almost 250 degrees on a sunny day as long as I rotate it accordingly so I can do quite a bit with that sort of temperature. One day I decided to make chicken soup stock in it and it turned out great!  I just put the bones in a black cast iron dutch oven, covered them with water and let the sun cook it all day.  The result was an awesomely rich broth.  Once it was done I picked out the bones and added a handful of dehydrated veggies and a package of noodles and let it sit for an hour.  




Turns out most of the stock got soaked up by the dry foods :-) but it made a great meal.

I also experimented with something today, pan cookies.  I've made bread in pans on the wood stove and on my little propane burner stove but I've never made cookies so I got the brilliant idea to try it. This way we didn't have to run the generator for my little toaster oven and it wouldn't heat up the house since it was pretty warm already!  I cut corners and used a small package of peanut butter cookie mix where all I add is oil and water.  I tossed in some organic chocolate chips that I found at a discount store and stirred it well.

I put scoops of it in the pan and flattened them a bit.


I cooked them with a lid on for several minutes and then tried to turn them.



It made a mess and I had pieces of dough all over in the pan.  I smashed it all together, separated it into servings again and cooked it a bit longer.  

They still didn't hold together so I could turn them.  I figured if anything, brother Jim could eat them in a bowl with a spoon, he wouldn't care! 

Then I remembered (duh) that cookies firm up after cooling down.  Haha, I was able to get them on the plate and mold them into a semblance of a cookie.  Brother Jim was happy!!!



We enjoyed a cookie treat during our break.




So those are a couple keeper of the home ideas for you:-)  I'm not sure you want to try the cookie one but if you're up for a challenge, go for it! Now if only I could figure out how to cook them in the solar cooker!  I'll have to look into that and how to make bread as I have no clue:-)

Have a joyous day and may God be praised by your diligence to His word and your life as a godly witness.



Love,
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...