Are You a Nun or Amish or Mennonite or Pentecostal or Muslim or a Gypsy?

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I pray your day is going well.  We had to bring our van in the shop for some repairs and are blessed to have a table to sit and work.




It's rather strange to me because that's our house and it's in the hands of someone else at the moment. We hope all goes well so we can roll down the road as we have a big day lined up tomorrow, Lord willing.

While we were sitting here a nun walked in.




It made me think of how, over the years, I've been asked if I'm a nun, of the Amish or Mennonite or a Pentecostal or muslim or a gypsy.  (I'm sure you sisters have had similar situations.) It used to bother me because I don't like being associated with such unbiblical groups but I've learned to just roll with it and give out the gospel while the door is open, turning it into a blessing.   

There is some liberty with women in how they dress as long as it's biblical. (You can go HERE to read a teaching on biblical dress for women and HERE for all more teachings for both men and women.)  In the past, after having dressed like the picture above, I've chosen to go away from that for a few reasons.  One is that it's expensive for me because I have to pay someone to sew them. Two, hand washing full dresses is much harder than shirts and skirts.  Three, I can wear a skirt more than the shirt and not have so much to wash.  Four, I'm no longer asked if I'm a nun and very rarely Amish.  Today I wear (mostly) button up shirts and skirts of which I mostly find at thrift stores or if need be have a skirt sewn, and I try not to wear all the same color at once which eliminates the 'uniform' look that some groups have.  These are all my convictions (between brother Jim and I) that we have chosen to follow, you will need to make your own decisions.

I personally like not looking like a specific group (not only because they are unbiblical) because it opens the door to more witnessing as people ask instead of just assuming.  They look and you can see the wonder on their face as they try to figure out what 'group' we are from.  It's joyous to be able to answer that we are not with a man made religious group but of Christ alone, through His Word.

As for the gypsy part of the title, yes I've been asked if I'm one of those too.  (Although most of them are very colorful and decorated so I'm not sure how that came about.)  Even that opens the door to witnessing and giving a gospel card.

We can't escape being labeled when we dress this way but if we are watching and ready, it can be a great door opener to the gospel good news going out to someone that maybe God spurred on to ask the question of what we are.  Amen sisters? 


But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
1 Peter 3:15-16

Lord willing, tomorrow we shall be driving down the road to preach at a tourist town that becomes popular at this time of year, then moving on to another busy town for more preaching in the afternoon, then on to at a popular bull riding rodeo in the evening to preach there as well.  


I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

2 Timothy 4:1-5


I hope your day is joyous.  May God be praised in our every day life.


Shared from a sister saint.


Peace and blessings,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...