Do Unto Others

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I pray you are getting stronger every day, not wavering from the truth, not compromising or falling back.  We are in a continuous battle as we see in Ephesians 6, of which we always need to be prepared and strengthening ourselves.  Brother Jim and I see that all the time, daily in fact, how satan sends his workers to try to discourage, confuse, confound, cause chaos and bring believers down in any way possible.  One of the biggest tricks we see him pulling is to go after our character by people claiming we are judgmental, condemning and unloving.  We stand on the word of God, yet 'claiming' believers (not so much the world) are the ones to accuse.   

Maybe you have heard of the 'golden rule'?  I grew up with it knowing it as 'Do unto others as you would have them to unto you'.  It comes from Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31. (I never knew, growing up, it came from the bible.) 

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
Luke 6:31

That's exactly what brother Jim and I try to do.  I treat sisters just the way I would like to be treated.  I hold them to the word of God, just as I would want them to hold me to it.  I'm a blunt person and I hate it when people beat around the bush and try to tell me something subtly and I can't quite figure out what their point is.  If I'm in sin, come tell me and help me understand the biblical path so I can repent and not grieve my Father in heaven. Love tells the truth, hate will beat around and not get to it, allowing the offending person to go deeper in their sin.  

Women are notorious at being so fleshly centered that they don't call other sisters out of their sin, they make excuses for it and don't love their sister by being quiet.  Even as a babe in Christ I prayed for a godly women to sit me down, evaluate my life and show me in scripture where I was in sin and help me repent immediately.  I'm so tired of fleshly 'believing' women who are not bold and strong on the word in their life or not holding others accountable.

A while ago I mentioned how our Savior talked to people and it was blunt, was it not?  What about apostle Paul when he said to toss out the man in sexual sin (1 Corinthians 5) or 1 Timothy 5, rebuking publicly so others may fear?  (Many other examples) In this culture if would seem rude, but who creates the culture today?  Sinful people.  So why would we consider the word of God, given in it's pure form to someone, rude?  

Yes, we can be kind about it but let's be honest sisters...the only reason people push back is because they are protecting a sin or something that is not quite in line with what is being presented to them in the Word.  


Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 9:8-10

A wise (sister) will love you if you reprove (her).  She will become wiser and increase in learning.  What happens if she hates you?  She is a scorner and will put the blame on your character, instead of their sin that is in rebellion.

We are all created different, we all have different personalities and we will all present the Word differently to each other when it comes to instruction and rebuke (we all love that encouragement though don't we?)  Even though we do it differently, the outcome should always be the same for the true sister saint of God.  Grateful reception of correction, thankfulness for the call out of sin or guidance to more truth.  

As I said, I'm blunt and bold.  I will share truth in kindness and love but it's going to be pretty much to the point so that there is no mistaking what I'm saying. Another sister may take a lot longer to get to the point, add a lot of soft words and paint a nice picture but the words will still be the same and the reception in both situations should be the same should it not?

Let us remember that the person receiving the correction must also exhibit the fruits of the spirit and if they take offense to 'how' something is said, vs 'what' is said, they need to examine themselves to see if they are in the flesh and looking for soothing ear tickling words or if they are in the Spirit and will grow from the plain words of the bible.

I'm calling women to get out of their flesh and walk in the Spirit.  The spirit will welcome rebuke and correction fro  saint, and not push back on it.  I will do unto others (you) as I would have others (you) do unto me... bold and to the point, in love and glorifying our Father.

Brother Jim has a teaching on 'God's Mercy Explored' and he shows us what sort of mercy we see in God's Word.   You can read it HERE

Amen.





May God be praised in our obedience to His Word.

Love to you all,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...