Just My Pride

 Greetings sisters in Christ,

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18 

The other day we were in our van getting ready to go out on the street witnessing when I looked out the window I saw a man drive a car up to the side of a building.  He jumped out, went into the building  and soon after I saw him helping a woman in a walker, going toward the car, when all of a sudden she fell.  He bent over to help her and I couldn't see them on the other side of the vehicle, so  I told brother Jim and we both got out to help.  Apparently her leg went out from under her and after letting her sit there for a few minutes to make sure she was ready to get up, we helped her up and walked her to the vehicle.  I offered to help her get in the seat but she thanked me and said she could do it.  I asked her if she hurt anything and she said 'Just my pride.'  Brother Jim gave the man a gospel card and off they went.

Just my pride.   Pride, that wicked thing that God hates.


Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord : though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.   Proverbs 16:5


And we all have to wrestle it at times don't we?  It was satan's downfall and also of man throughout the ages.  It rises in many different ways doesn't it?


* Look how clean and neat my house and garden are.

* My children are more well behaved than (fill in the blank).

* I've lost a few pounds.

* That person needs to learn how to drive.

* My hair is so long.

* Why doesn't God give me a husband / children / believers / different job / different life etc?


Those are just the tip of the iceberg and it all has to go lest we be on the wrath side of the Lord.  Even something as simple as not being thankful with the life God has given us can be pride because we think we deserve something more?  For instance, women being servants and helpers can arouse pride at times when you're tired or think you shouldn't have to do what you've been created to do. Right?  Yep, we must kill that and all the rest that is lurking.  Brother Jim just shared with a man about how the Israelite's had to sweep the leaven out of their houses, we must do the same with pride and all sin.


Praise God for each new day to start over and do better, amen? I'm with you sisters, let's all strip ourselves down from all fleshly nature and allow God to rebuild us in His.



If you are interested, you can hear brother Jim address some false teachings from a witnessing episode we had:

http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2020/10/refuting-bullenites-in-streets-of.html

Blessings and love to you,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html