Quick Rice Meals and God's Merciful Provisions

 Good day sisters!

I wanted to do a post for those who are looking for a quick food to have on hand for those days that are extra busy, you're ill or just tired and one our favorites is rice and vegetables.  While we travel, I use the precooked packets that I get at the discount stores. (I have my thermal cooker along to make longer cooking rice when I run out.)




Even at a normal price, $1.50 in our area, they are good to have a few on hand for those 'days'. (I used to can my own rice but since I can't now, I use what's available. ) 

All I do is put veggies in the pot with a bit of water, dump the rice on top and bring to a boil, then shut it off for 10 minutes.  If I used frozen veggies I might boil a couple minutes.  Drain and add your seasonings. (We don't eat much meat so you can add some if you want). It makes more than one meal for Brother Jim and I, so I use the left overs for soup. (I keep a few cans of soup on hand for those days too:+) 

We all know how easy it is to get in the flesh when you're tired and we see it all the time, the fast food drive through's are always full!  (For those of you who are wondering, no, it's not a sin to eat there, within reason but we caution people of it because it can be too easy to do often.  We rarely do it unless we earn a free coupon with my apps.) 

When I was in a house, I used to can soups, beans, veggies, and all sorts of things for quick meals and to store up all the bounty.  Freezing meals is a good option as well but living in a van, I can't do those things to I make do with what I can.

I was in the store today and found some peaches on sale...



And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. 

(Colossians 3:17


I'm always amazed...




And thankful...


Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 

(Philippains 4:6)



Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 

(James 1:17)



Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

(1 Chronicles 29:13)

For the different fruits our Father created.




By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. 

(Hebrews 13:15)


And vegetables...



Oh yea, they say tomatoes are a fruit I guess?



Not just one kind of pepper but all different kinds!  



Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ 

(Ephesians 5:20)



Bountiful producing summer squashes...




Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. 

(Psalm 150:6)





And foods that last all winter in the root cellar!  







How wonderful is that...what a gift we all get to partake of them all and that's only a minute fraction of what He's created!!! We are blessed to have what we all have, aren't we sisters?  

God took care of the poor in that they left some of the harvest for them to glean, like Ruth had to do.


And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. (Leviticus 19:9)


Let us be joyous and thankful:-)




Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? 

(Exodus 15:11)





Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the Lord; I will sing praise to the Lord God of Israel.




Are you thankful sisters?  Rejoicing in the day the Lord has given you?  He has offered us the hope of eternal life if we obediently endure through this one, following after Him.  


Brother Jim made an audio about Paul and how people use him as an excuse for their sins.

http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2020/10/was-paul-chief-of-sinners-as-believer.html


In godly love to you all,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html