Standing For A Cause

Good evening sisters in Christ!
Praise God for knowing our purpose in this life, amen?  

Isaiah 43:7 
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

It's all for His glory and while here on this earth, we will do all we are able, to glorify Him. We stand for the cause of Christ, His death, burial and resurrection.  He came for the lost that would repent and follow after Him and in our new life, with the help of the indwelling Holy Spirit, we can obediently follow after Him.  He has gone to make a place for us.


Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

Someday we will be with him, but until then we must endure.  




As we were getting ready to get on the interstate today we saw a woman holding a sign.



It's a political sign about not voting for those who promote abortion. (We see in scriptures that we are not of this world so voting is not something a Christian would want to involve themselves with. This is just being being used for a teaching purpose.)




Brother Jim and I were talking about it as we drove, how standing for the cause of the unborn is a good thing, yet people do it without Christ behind it.  They are more concerned about saving the life of the child, which is a precious thing, but without the life saving gospel (see that HERE), what hope is there for any of them in the end?  Born again believers can certainly stand for the unborn but it must be motivated by preaching the gospel to the lost, not just trying to save the baby.  Believers have to be careful they are not linking to unbiblical religious organizations lest they be approving of their false ways which is what you call pragmatism. Doing something sinful for a good outcome of the end result.  I was almost prey to that when I was looking at food pantries to volunteer but found they were all run by religious organizations that were full of sin.  I put that idea out of my mind and reached  out to a nursing home (non religious)  and gained permission to visit and write to some of the elderly women there but it became a trial after a while as they were of the world and wanted to talk about the world while I was talking about the things of God.  We have to be careful that we don't compromise  on such things (uniting with false religious places) just so we can do some good works.  (We would also caution anyone from taking a paid job from such a religious place also.) 

This isn't just about avoiding unbelievers otherwise we'd have to leave the world, this is about avoiding organizations who use the name of Christ but are not living obedient lives.  A Christian woman is better off volunteering (or working a paid job) for a secular company and avoiding the sin from within it.  For example, had I found a secular food pantry, I could have volunteered there, doing a good work for the Lord and not been a partaker of any spiritual deception such as if I would have united with a man made religious organization. 

We have to examine all things in the light of scripture and then, do what we can to honor and glorify the Lord from within those choices.  In all this, the biggest thing we stand for is the glory and honor of our Father in Heaven who has offered us the precious gift of His word to share with the world.  Let that be the cause you stand for and all the rest will fall into place.


Brother Jim has a teaching in Conviction vs Obedience, you can see that HERE.


Love and blessings to you all,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...