Am I Trapped In the Van Life?

 Good evening sisters in the Lord!

Brother Jim received an email from a man and after some dividing of the word, it was shown this man is in heresy and his house is not in biblical order.  Instead of addressing the issues, he took a shot at Jim, through me.  Read the email he sent...


Brother Jim responded to him that I like the van life more than he does!  I was thinking about this today as we are at our homestead for a time to get some projects done and I was rejoicing that I was blessed to do regular household chores!!!!  I had a bunch of corn that we found for a great deal and I need to get it dried before we leave.  Like 140 cans:-)






I drained it...





...and put it in the dehydrators.






Then I started a fire to help dry it and I plan to bring it with us on our travels.  






Jim set up the big generator so that we could run the well for water and I filled the containers as that's how us off gridders make sure we have enough water on-hand for a few days.





I washed clothes and hung them out on the line and during all this, I was blessed to see these deer right by the house.






 
When I was finished for the night, I cleaned everything up and was thankful for a shower.  Very thankful because our outdoor shower is huge compared to taking a shower in the van:-)






We were then blessed with a beautiful sunset.





And guess what we did then???  Got in the van and settled in for the night:-)  


 I usually set up on the bed, my favorite cozy place.

I shared all this because you see how it all comes full circle?  I was taking care of things on a homestead all day, took a shower and then got right back into our van home.  I have all the things that man talks about but choose not to be held captive by them.  They are good things to have but if I were to follow his line of thinking, we wouldn't be out on the streets having all the opportunities to share the gospel that we've had.  Off grid life in a house is a flesh killer, off grid life in a van is more of a flesh killer and definitely not for most people but it's what the Lord has grown us to thrive in.  This sounds strange to many people, because in this life it's out of the norm from the common 'American dream' but it would be strange to us to live in a house with electricity, a hot water heater, running water, and a furnace.  Neither is better than the other but one is much more economical and offers us more freedom than the other, which fits the life that brother Jim has been called in as a street preacher. 

No, I'm not trapped in the vanlife, I'm thriving in it, all the glory to God.  In fact, brother Jim and I have talked and if the Lord takes him home and I'm capable, I will continue to live in ours.  So in the end of all this, it's not about me, or us, or how we live that matters...it's what we are doing in the name of the Lord and that's what that man wanted to avoid.  He wanted to avoid the sins that were shown to him and instead he takes a swipe at brother Jim about his wife, of which he's obviously totally wrong.  Satan uses all kinds of people to try to discourage you in many different ways but if you are strong in the Lord, none of that matters.  

I know you all have encountered such things with people commenting on your simple life, your refusal to join in with the festivities or flesh feeding activities of the culture, your basic biblical clothing etc.  Don't let it affect you and rejoice instead as your light is shining brightly enough to be noticed and cause conviction!  Praises to our Father in heaven!

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. [6] Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Colossians 4:5-6

I love this too...

And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; [11] And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; [12] That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

1 Thessalonians 4:10-12

Amen, let us live the lives the Lord has called us and continue on as He makes the changes in our lives that He chooses.  He grew us to where we are and aligned the circumstances to enable us to do so....He will lead your life also if you are truly His child and you ask Him to.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I pray you all strive on obediently and steadfast in the Lord.  He is our rock, our only stability in this every changing world and if we continue on in the faith, we have the hope of eternal life to come.




March on sisters,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html