From Much to Meager

Good afternoon to our obedient sisters in Christ!

We were traveling through a town when we saw something interesting of which brother Jim said I should use for a post here on the sisters blog.  We notice such things because we are among them all the time and they are some people's homes; many are just for vacation but there are those who also live in them full time.  We see some that cost much:



Some that are in the middle:




And some that are pretty meager:



From much to meager. It makes me think of the life of a person coming from the world with the desires to have much (big house, nice cars, the best food, fashionable clothing, big bank accounts, vacations etc)  and being transformed into a new creation by the blood of Christ... then wanting what is meager in this world, just to get by cuz it's all going to burn one day, anyway.

I'm sure you sisters think the same way, wanting for less rather than more.  Being appreciative of the home you have, thankful that we are provided for by the Lord. He is a good and gracious Father.

It's funny, as I write this, brother Jim is working on the van in a parking lot, way off to the side of the lot.




It's called a parking lot tuneup:-)




He just informed me that this is home for the night.  The interesting thing is that we've been here before and so has this van, way up there.



You can barely see the back end of it, we are down on the bottom side of the wall.  Every time we are here, that van is also, we figure he's a full time resident up there?  The last time we were here, he was looking down, waving and saying Hi to brother Jim.  (For some reason that makes me smile:-) We have a meager house van, this man has one even more meager as it looks like the passenger window is broken and he's got a garbage bag covering it, flapping in the wind and who knows if it even runs as we've never seen it in a different spot.  

I love meager, it's simple and doesn't feed the flesh.  Speaking of feeding, I thought I'd share a couple meals I made so we could legitimately feed our flesh:-)

This first one is a rare treat for us and we were both looking forward to it the closer we got to the homestead.  It's a meager pizza made from a discounted products and rehydrated mushrooms that I dried this spring.






Haha looks like it's hanging from the ceiling:-)  

We enjoyed it outside.



It cost a little over a dollar to make.  I'm thankful I've been finding discounted imitation meat (plant based) at incredibly marked down prices so we've been enjoying some veggie stir fries with it all.  




My little propane stove is inside the shelving unit, close to the floor, blocked in by the cooler I sit on and I have to duck down and peer in there while holding a flashlight to see:-)  But it gets the job done and I'm thankful to be able to cook.



We eat a lot of the same things and we're okay with that because with meager meals, it means we spend a meager amount on them:-)  We have been blessed to be able to get to the dent and bents here in the area and found they have expanded into bigger buildings. 

I took a video while we were leaving one, heading to another.






They have the most awesome selection of any discounted store we've been to, we're so thankful.  While we were there we found cases of dried meat sticks and bought a good amount for the road. We usually split one for a snack or turn it into a meal with some cheese, olives, crackers with carrot sticks. I rarely cook meat so this is a nice simple addition for protein and iron.

I also found this.



Dried shredded beef of which I wasn't sure what to do with except maybe sprinkle a little over a stir fry or in soups for a taste?  It's good emergency food storage if anything so I grabbed several. We have storage under the bed but it's pretty full so when we hit places like this I have to be creative and I stuff things here and there around the outside of the bed, in any nook and cranny I can find.  Brother Jim laughs when I can stick my hand down inbetween what's being stored there and without looking, pull out just what I want.  

In our meager parking spot we've been blessed to see a beautiful sunset.







And I'm also blessed to be able to write to you all and encourage you to stand strong in the faith.

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, [9] If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; [10] Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. [11] This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. [12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.  Acts 4:8-12 


May God be praised in our every day life.

Love in Christ,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...