Tofu, Trucks and Triumph

 Greetings to our sister saints around the world!

Praise the Lord that we get to send such encouragement to everyone with the press of a button.  Obviously satan will use this technology for His ill will but for the time being we shall shine our light in it!  Today as we were traveling we were greeted with passersby's (flying like 80 mph) honking angrily and giving obscene gestures but our light was shining.  (As a side note, they like to drive fast around here!)  I grew up when it was a big deal to make it as fast as 55 mph in our old vehicles and since then the vehicles go like crazy and the roads are opened for it.  In fact, one area through Oklahoma says you cannot go under 60 mph.  So you would get a ticket for wanting to go slower and be safe?  I don't know about this world, and we constantly see signs stating the death count on the highways for that state, like 686 and its not the end of the year yet.  

Anyway, today was a travel day and then brother Jim changed the oil in the van in a parking lot, saving us $25.



We thought it would be a quiet area but the cars were zipping by, honking horns at each other as people thought they should be the ones to go first.  We have to be careful in these parking lots as people don't look and they race through in such a hurry.  But...those who want to talk about God, stop by :-)


We had a semi truck next to us this morning and I saw this on the side of it.


It says: Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10. 

Amen, I love that.  Thinking about being still, physically even, is comforting.  You all know what it's like to have to work hard, go here and there, not having a lot of quiet time and the thought of being still brings me comfort.  (Especially in our traveling life.)  But being still in the mind even more...  Stopping for quiet time inside to allow the Lord to refresh us,  Allowing Him to fill us with His peace.  What an awesome Father.  

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

I had triumph over taking my thoughts captive for Christ today.  The Lord has blessed me with several weeks of less infirmities and I was so thankful, appreciating each and every day of it. Then today when I woke up, it was back to what I am used to, very difficult in the flesh but I was joyous and thankful. The old me would have looked back and longed for that time I just went through, but so shall it be that the Lord has us go through whatever we do.  We get new bodies someday, what a day that will be:-)  Let us be thankful in all things sisters, especially if we are able to continue in our roles as godly women, even if we have struggles.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. [16] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. [17] And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:15-17

I tried cooking tofu today.  I don't know why but I've always wanted to try it, horror stories and all.  We're not against meat, we eat it, not much though and I look for alternatives that are reasonably priced or have great coupons, like I've shared with you.  Brother Jim said 'Go for it' so I got some as it's super cheap.  I figured it would go good with rice so I made some in the thermos.



It ended up pretty sticky cuz I left it in there all day but it was still good though.  I used 1/2 cup rice to 1 1/4 cups water, brought it to a boil, put it in the thermos and wrapped it in a blanket.  It was done in a little over an hour but we were traveling so I left it for dinner.

For the tofu I just cubed it up and tossed it in a mixture of cornstarch with seasonings.



I then fried the pieces in coconut oil.



It was super messy for the van life so I left some uncoated and they didn't cook very well.  

My take on it, it was okay but I won't do it again:-) 



Rice and veggies are just fine with us:-)

As we were driving today (they sure have busy roads down here), we saw some interesting yards.


And they have these tanker trailers up on stilts for some reason.


And I like going under bridges, not over them :-)




I blessed brother Jim by not buying this totally delicious looking pumpkin dessert. Sure would taste good with a cup of coffee...



We could eat off that for a week, but I fear that it would be too tempting to resist.  Instead I got a package of these rice cakes from the $1 store and we put peanut butter on them as a night snack.



Brother Jim shares these pics for our Titus2 sisters.



I really like onions but they don't go well in the van life because they smell up the cooler. When we were in the state of Washington a few years ago on a mission trip, there were onions laying all over the sides of the roads after they harvested them.  The fields were super dusty and they would harvest late into the night.  At one point, the parking lot we were in was covered in a dusty haze, it was an interesting evening.  They also let people glean the fields when they are done so we saw them out there with 5 gallon buckets, picking up onions.  Sounds like:

And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 23:22

And Ruth, who gleaned from the field.


And squash, what a glorious gift from the Father!!!  If you have a root cellar they will last most of the winter, at least that's how I used to store ours.  I'd cook them on the woodstove, what a nutritious food!  Save the seeds and dry them for a snack! You can dehydrate squash too!

We have a couple days of work and travel before we get to our destination, Lord willing we will arrive and shine the light of truth into a dark place we've been before.  We had an interesting meetings the last time, perfect timing of the Father, we shall see if it's His will for something like that again. 

I love the colder weather as it's not so vile out in the world as we witness.  Brother Jim just made an audio that goes well with that thought.  https://www.dontperish.com/uploads/4/4/2/8/44282867/modest_what.mp3

Look up sisters, as our Savior will come to get us if we faithfully endure through this life and maybe, along the way, our life and witness will affect a lost soul.  A godly woman, walking through this life in her role, is a great witness and if you get the chance to share the truth with someone, rejoice as that's a precious gift to give! 

I leave you with these.




The florists in the grocery stores have a nice talent at bringing our Father's flowers together in a bouquet.

Love to you all and I pray you strive on in the truth.  

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html