A New Destination

 Praise the Lord for the end of another day, amen sisters?

Well, it's not quite the end but getting there.  Sometimes ours ends at 11:00 pm and sometimes several hours later but at some point...it ends and the next one begins.  



Our day began with heading down the highway, heading south, to our next destination. We made a video for you and if it doesn't play here you can see it on our website HERE.


Killing the flesh is what we all have to do, in various ways, according to the life we have to live.  The flesh we kill may not be what you have to kill and vice versa but it's all something that must be done.  In our case, a great deal of flesh being killed is making ourselves go out into the world and proclaim the truth, when we know how much the world didn't like it from the beginning. Death of our Savior and the saints that followed Him as the proof of that.  There's nothing new under the sun and so it shall be again.  

I often think of the prophets being sent to rebuke Israel and how they must have had to kill their flesh to do so. 

Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. 

So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. 

And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it ; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. 

And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them. 

For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel; [6] Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee. 

But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted. 

Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads. 

 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. 

Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. 

And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord God ; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.

Ezekiel 3:1-11

 I love that passage and how it says to eat the roll and speak.  We devour the word of God and when we have His indwelling Spirit, it is He that helps us speak the truth.  Oh and the part how God made his face and his forehead strong against theirs, what a picture.  That's great encouragement for us all when we have to deal with opposition against God's Word amen?!  I also like the words:

"THUS SAITH THE LORD GOD"

Amen!

Seems to be a lot of good witnessing opportunities with lots of people out and about (where we're heading) which also means we need to have a lot of flesh killed to keep going at it.  But the days are short so that presses us on.  


Speaking of flesh killing, I had to do that tonight.  We came into this town and drove around to see what might be there for possible witnessing and ended up in the wrong part on the other side.  We turned around and came back to where we are now and just after dark, brother Jim was approached by a homeless man asking for help on his friend's wagon wheel.  Me, inside the van, heard the voices and wondered what was up when brother Jim came and told me.  He then shut the door and went to help them.  I had to kill my flesh, knowing that some of the towns we travel through are not the most friendly (if you want to say it that way) and here Jim is outside with some stranger.  But my God is bigger than all and what happens is all to the good of those who love God. Romans 8, amen?  I trust in my Father that He's watching over us all, remember that sisters!

Then, not too much after that brother Jim said there were two police cars in the lot, by a stopped vehicle and then just a bit ago, another one. (yep it's sideways:-)


And as I type this, brother Jim looked out and saw another car stopped by the police in the parking lot. Well, we know the police work hard around here!

It's a sad dark world ....



...but we all can be a light in it, praise the Lord!

Here's a picture of my kitchen tonight.


It was so nice out that after I finished washing clothes and hanging them to drip on the side of the van (the hidden side that nobody can see), I cooked dinner outside. What a joy to stand up and cook:-) Haha, I do like my little cooking nook in the van though.  It's warmed up and the nights are in the 30's so it's like a heatwave lately for us, we're thankful.  

On the way here we saw this sign.


Amen, but it's sad they have to add the 'democrat' thing to it but it's true.  All will confess and every knee will bow, let ours be willfully sisters!

Brother Jim send me a picture that left me speechless. (That's rare for me:-)  He said this...

"You know you're in the south when you see these...."


 A fried chicken scented fire log for your fireplace!!!  Okay for those of you who don't know...the southern part of the United States (called the 'south') is known for 'fried chicken'. It's also known as the bible belt where there can be 6 church buildings within rock throwing distance of each other!  There aren't quite as many fried chicken places as churches but they make for a close race.   Anyway, can you believe that?  Crazy.....

Well, we bit of a distance to go tomorrow with some stops along the way to make it for a longer day so it won't be a wee hour of the morning bedtime for us tonight....I better go and get prepared.

Speaking of, ask the Lord to prepare you for whatever tomorrow brings.  

Oh, and this....

Brother Jim just shared this with another saint and we listened to it again and I thought you might be edified to hear it.  We were in a free city park campground in Douglas, Wyoming (a couple years ago) when a man walked over to invite us to a bible study later that day.  It was a group of kayakers from a baptist religious body and they were going to have a cookout after all their fun.  He asked if we wanted to join them when they got back.  And....as I looked at brother Jim, I knew what was going to happen.  Later that afternoon when they were all assembled, we walked over and sat down.  They were all talking about worldly things and we just sat there quietly. They then did a quick 15 minute easy believe teaching....

Then brother Jim stood up and did the unspeakable.

He asked what the gospel was.

You may be edified to listen to it HERE.  Hear closely at the end about the unbeliever and the women.  If you're interested you can see brother Jim's testing of them HERE.  They will all be held accountable for their sins but we pray they repent.

We love you all and pray for every single saint in the world, that you strive on.

Blessings and peace,

Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html