Some Things Never Change

 Sisters, let us sing praises to our Savior!

He is the Almighty One, Everlasting and Eternal.  

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

He is our rock and our salvation, never changing and the One who we take hold of and count on.


Brother Jim said I should do a post about 'some things never change' and use this bread tie that has been around since we've been children.  (Brother Jim is currently 58 and I'm 52 if that helps any:-)  It was made this way that long ago and it's still being made this way today.  

Brother Jim shared some pictures of things that have not changed much over the times...


They still use barrells such as this that were made many years ago.




Mothers use rocking chairs for fussy babies and the elderly use it for exercise.


The good old shovel... for snow, gravel, dirt and the horse barn.


A hanging light bulb, how simple yet useful.


The cycle of day and night, the rotation of seasons, the cycle of birth and death, the rain falls and goes into the rivers which flows into the oceans which evaporate to make more rain.  The plant grows seeds, the seed dies and grows another plant.  Geese that fly north and south.  There are many things that have been set in motion that are not changing....

And of course the most important....the Word of the Lord!!!!!!


For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. 

Malachi 3:6


He was, is and always will be.


Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. 

Hebrews 13:8


He is eternal.


And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. 

Daniel 7:14


And of course....


I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1;8

Our Father is never changing, in an ever changing world.  That was one thing I was looking for in my unregenerate state.  Something that I could grasp ahold of in this life that I could count on, that I could stand rock solid on and know that it would be what it was from that time forward.  Oh, the precious good news of the life changing gospel gave me just what I was looking for.

To be a partaker of this mighty God who created all that the eye could see and that which is beyond what we cannot fathom.  To me, even if He never allowed me to be a partaker of the Holy Spirit but had a fleeting thought of allowing me to...that would be humbling enough.

One more...

The gospel never changes.

We come through faith which after we repent we will be born from above by the Spirit of God and because we love our Savior we obey Him in holiness and will endure in this until He brings us home.

That has been and will be the path to which we can become a daughter of the most High.

I'm shouting with joy in my mind right now, how glorious this is!  Come, let us praise this mighty, unchanging and holy, holy, holy Creator God of all that is!!!


These pictures are very special.  I took them a few years ago on our first big mission trip in our minivan out west.  We were blessed to partake of this awesome sunset by the Teton mountains. 



Oh, it brought tears to my eyes to witness such beauty.



The pictures to such injustice but it's all I have to capture it.



I don't know what to say...




And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Revelation 4:8

Amen.

Oh sisters, don't let the cares of this world distract you from serving the one, true, living God.  

Love to you all,

Sister Deb


Ps...brother Jim had some witnessing experiences today that I'd like to share with you HERE.