But He Was Asleep

 Good evening sister soldiers!

Soon we will be heading off to bed for the night, hopefully for an evening of sleep, to rest up for what may come tomorrow.  Every night I lay down, I'm thankful for the day I had to serve the Lord, it's one more day of me being a daughter of the Most High God and one less of me (not anymore) being a wicked sinner.  Praise God.

Evening is one of my favorite times, the older I get, because we get to rest from the events of the day and even if I can't sleep, I get to just stop and 'be' His.   I know some of you struggle with sleep being elusive at times, as with me and has been for many years, but that's okay because some day we won't have to worry about that will we?

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5

I'm humbled when I think of the trials our Savior went through, to do what He did for us.  The almighty God of the universe coming in the flesh, to suffer for us, what an awesome gift, one that cannot be put into words.  I love this...

And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship 

was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.  

Matthew 8:24

He was asleep, in the midst of a terrifying storm (showing His power over all things) and then what does He say when the disciples wake him up? (The storm didn't wake him up, they did.)

And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. [26] And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.  Matthew 8:25-26

"Why are ye fearful, oh ye  of little faith?"

What a rebuke and one that I want to take seriously to not fear (from lack of faith) when we go through trials lest we be called one of little faith.  Sometimes at night, as it continues on into the next day, my mind can wander into areas it ought not go and if I let it continue on, it can become like the storm, a raging ocean of emotions and in my weakness of being tired, I can be tossed around. We don't want that to happen at any time do we sisters?  

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 

 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. 

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. 

Psalm 46:1-5

Regardless of what we may deal with in our flesh, we have the Lord with us, if we are truly His.  (Test yourself at the gospel HERE to see if you are born again.)

When I can't sleep and I know it's going to be one of those nights, I have a few things that I try, not knowing if they will help but sometimes they do.



I use lavender every night because I like the smell and it does seem to be relaxing. 




I used to make the tincture and really liked using that but these seem to work well for the most part.



I find these chewable pills at the Dollar store and they are really good.  The ingredients are natural herbs.  I know chamomile tea helps but for some reason I can't drink hot tea at night because it doesn't want to stay down when I lay down.  I don't know if this will help anyone but thought I'd share. 

We are heading toward a destination that might be good for witnessing in a few days, we shall see tomorrow when we scope it out.  On the way, we found a parking place and were blessed with this...



Of course, that's only one side of the story, here's the other.



The ducks were too cute, perching on the shopping carts (they call them buggies down south here). 








I love taking walks at night and my camera has a night adjustment which makes for some interesting pics.




I've always liked evening...it's cool, fresh, calm and it seems to wash away the day and prepare a person for the next.


There's our little camper van home and we have traveling neighbors tonight!  Sometimes that makes for witnessing the next morning, we shall see.

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. 

Proverbs 3:24


I pray you all stand strong in the Lord sisters.

Love in Christ,

Sister Deb