It's Good Enough...Let It Be

Good evening greetings to our sister saints!

How was your day today?  We are thankful that ours was very peaceful (except for a short jaunt down the super busy highway:-)  I've been posting a lot about what's been going on in witnessing on the street so tonight I thought I'd post something peaceful and a story about 'letting it be'.

I'll start off with yesterday where we took the day off to recoup and have some quietness in a park.  I thought I'd share some videos with you so you can enjoy some of the peace we had.  







It was a nice breezy day and I got a lot of walking in with quiet time in the Lord :-)

Genesis 1:20 

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.








Hebrews 3:4 
For every house is builded by some man ; but he that built all things is God.




Romans 1:20 
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:





Romans 11:36 KJVS
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.



That evening we ended up in a parking spot we've been to before and were blessed once again with peace.

(Some videos are more clear than the others due to the fact that I had to transfer the files differently depending on what device they were taken on..anyway...)

We sat out working online and the ducks kept coming over looking for more bread:-)



Isaiah 40:28 

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.




Some of the ducks got a little irritated with each other...


After all that we took off down the road and headed to where we are now but before we set up for the night, I was able to wash clothes.  I try to conserve as much water as I can and do as many clothes as possible with it.  Well, that entails me being a bit less picky in that area to the point of what happened today.  I had them all hung out dripping on the side of the van (away from public eyes...the best we could) and when I went to squeeze brother Jim's night shirt again I noticed the water was a bit gray.  I mentioned that to him and he said "I don't care." I said "I do but I've worked hard to kill my flesh in that area."  He told me he was glad about that an said "It's good enough....let it be."  

I thought about that...we've 'let it be' a lot in our life in Christ and even more so on the road.  I've learned to let the day be what it is and deal with each one as it comes. So what if my clothes aren't rinsed as good as I'd like, can I let it go and move on to whatever else needs to be done in this day? It doesn't do any good to allow it to altar your mood if things don't go the way you wanted, projects don't always get complete in the time frame you hoped for or someone doesn't act the way you wanted.  Just let it be what it is and learn how to deal with it, one day at a time.

Yes, we are to do all things, heartily as unto the Lord.

Colossians 3:23 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;


Yet we are not to get caught up in the works of the day and neglect the most important things like Martha did...

Luke 10:38-42

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 

And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. 

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 

But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Look up the word 'cumbered'.  




Martha brought it on herself.  I used to do that a lot and sometimes if I'm not careful can do that still...getting carried away with the workings of the day and the details within it.  We need to make sure we keep a balance and not let the worries of this world distract us from what's most important...why we are here doing what we do.  We're here to bring glory to the Lord in our obedient Titus 2 lives as godly women following after good works as we see in 1 Peter 3, as the holy women of old did.  Speaking of, I shall now share some Titus 2 pictures for my hard working sisters.

We were pulling out of the gas station, heading to our parking spot when we saw a sign that said "Produce, 1 mile."  We decided to check it out and were blessed by it.










This is unbelievable to us northerners...fresh produce in the winter?  Especially fruits! For $9 we got all this:







(I ate one of the star fruits on the way, lower left corner.)  I'd never seen them before so I was thankful to partake of another of God's awesome creation.  


While we were there the woman gave us a sample of boiled peanuts.  We've seen them all over down south here but never tried them because they don't sound good to us.  I tried them and they taste like a soft bean, nothing like a peanut. I'd rather eat them roasted myself:-)



She also gave us a mini cheesecake sample of which we enjoyed after our dinner.



It was delicious and based on how rich it was I'm glad it wasn't any bigger! And brother Jim had me take a picture of this rubber tire rooster!  What a unique way to recycle.




Since we're looking at something creative, you might enjoy these murals.  I snapped this picture as we were heading to our street preaching spot the other day.




While we were at the gas station filing our generator and getting water, a Russian man came over to talk to brother Jim.  He has scriptures on his van.


He was handing out some scripture tracts that were not quite biblical so brother Jim shared much truth with him.  Praise God.


Brother Jim said I need to post these as he really enjoyed them. I found a couple buns discounted so I bought them and made 2 meals.  They were big enough to split and make a hearty, filling meal after being out on the street preaching.  



This one is tuna made with low fat sour cream instead of mayo.



This is a typical turkey and cheese and of course I add as much salad makings as I can on them:-)  I told a sister that I just wanted a simple, peaceful post so that's what this is.  



Give God the glory for His creation, we thank Him for providing us with healthy foods and a peaceful place to rest for the night.

2 Corinthians 9:15 

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.




My mind is still in overdrive from the past many days of hard witnessing and I'm thankful for the break as we are heading into (potentially) a new area that is very busy so we shall see what's up ahead. I could fuss over this post some more and take another hour on it but I'm going to just 'let it be'...


Brother Jim made a great teaching on why we goto Christian places to preach the truth.  http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2021/01/why-do-you-go-call-out-christian-places.html?m=1

I pray your day was (or is) fruitful in the Lord.  

Love to you all,

Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html