A Day in the Life (Feb 15, 2021)

 Good evening sisters, 

I made a video for you:-)



Praise the Lord for this day sisters!  Yesterday I made an audio called 'A Holy Life Lived', and if you didn't happen to hear it, you can listen HERE. So I've decided that here and there I will be doing posts called A Day in the Life and what went on in our day.  Kind of what I do sometimes anyway I guess, rather like a diary of the day.  We have so many indepth teachings between brother Jim's teaching blog and the sisters blog that we now just share what goes on in our traveling life, maybe go back and rehash a topic that we've already covered etc.  No rhyme or reason and I'm good with that.

I'll start off with sharing about a van camping man that brother Jim met the other day.  Brother Jim shared the gospel with him, he shared about his life with Jim and then after a bit, brother Jim asked if he needed anything.  The man said he's fed well but would love to be able to charge his phone and get some hot water for his coffee.


So we loaned a fully charged battery bank and made him a pot of hot water.  The next day we went about witnessing and when we came back, he stopped by to see if he might be able to borrow the battery bank and get some hot water again, of course we helped him out. We suspect there is more to his stories but brother Jim loved him as our neighbor and helped him out.  Then the third day (this morning) he walked over with a gift....


A couple mini pumpkin pies.  He gave them to brother Jim, thanked him for being so kind and wondered if we could help him out one more time, of which we gladly did.  (Pretty interesting that we love pumpkin pie:-)   While we're talking about witnessing, I'll say that this spot that we've been the past few days has been filled with witnessing; men walking or driving up to talk about God.  (Not all of the encounters turned out very well but to God be the glory!)  Oh, if you want, you can hear the audio of one and then brother Jim has a teaching audio on the post as well.  You can find that HERE.

2 Timothy 4:2-5 

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. [5] But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

We've noticed that down here in Florida there are a lot of messy and careless people, tossing their garbage on the ground (of course there are some cleaner places but many aren't) and leaving shopping carts all over.


It reminds me of....

James 4:17 

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

We see that's not the case in this ever darkening world where people are knowing to do good less and less.  But we let the light of truth shine no matter what, don't we sisters!

Matthew 24:12-13 

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13] But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

As I was typing this I looked up to brother Jim and brought up a point that happened last night....We were in the van with the doors shut but the windows somewhat open because of the rain.  A man walked to the window by brother Jim and asked for a dollar.  Brother Jim said he doesn't give out cash and before he could offer the man some food, the guy got mad and walked off.  I just said to brother Jim that's like if someone walked up to the living room window of your house and peeked in asking for money.  Our life out here is rather strange to say the least:-)

While I was in the store I found a great deal on some cheese...


We like cheese.  Wisconsin is known for it's cheese so we were blessed while living there to find it affordable.  Brother Jim used to have a lot of cheese customers and they would give him samples, of course we wouldn't argue:-) Speaking of cheese, we had a sandwich for dinner with some on it.

I put a little mayo with onion and jalapeno peppers on mine...


Topped it with a slice of cheese and some turkey.  I also made a quick cole slaw.  (The cups are cut down from when we got free ice :-) And I took the chip crumbles at the bottom of the can. (Which I got free from a coupon.)  Add some olives and we had a simple dinner.


I would make you a plate if you were here:-)

Here's a picture of my impromptu clothes line:-)


I was telling a sister how it's been so humid or rainy that my clothes have not been drying but today our Father took care of it all.  I washed several items and there was just enough sun and wind to dry it all.  

Speaking of wind, I'm not sure I shared this before but here are a couple items that without, would make our lives a bit harder.


I've had this little fan for several years and have it up by my face at night.  Sometimes at night I wake up with hot flashes (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about) and it helps move the air around just enough to help.  But in the summer, especially down here in the humidity, we need a bit more breeze all night long so in comes this one...


This thing will last all night long on low and we have 2 of them.  It also has medium and high adjustment and a timer.  To give you an idea how big it is...



They both are rechargeable and the big one uses the batteries from brother Jim's electric chainsaw.  It worked out perfect when he quit carving, we had the batteries and just had to buy the fans.  It's a bit of an investment but for people living off grid it's priceless.  The heat doesn't seem to bother brother Jim so much as it does me when I'm having issues, but he took care of it by making sure we had some good fans.  I'm so thankful and they are such a blessing.

It looks like we might be going to witness at a college campus tomorrow, Lord willing, we shall see how that turns out.  When I was growing up, society had some morals left in it, today there are hardly any in the elderly to pass down to the youth. It won't be long and there will be little left except wickedness.   I helped discern a religious body that someone brought to brother Jim and I exposed another deceptive organization called American Heritage Girls, you can see that HERE.  Beware of those organizations that look like they do good things because if you discern them to the word, you will most often find they are unbiblical and teaching what is not good and godly.

Romans 16:18 

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Anway, it's time to cut up a mango for a snack then get ready for bed:-)

Let us give thanks to the Lord for a simple life lived for Him.  Our obedience in this day is glorifying to Him as there were days before we were born again that we were a stain against a Holy God.  Never take a day for granted and remember that no matter what you do in your day, do it heartily as unto God and it brings Him glory.

We love you all.

Grace, peace and mercy unto you,

Sister Deb



The gospel is our foundation, 

are you built on it?