A Day in the Life (Feb 22, 2021)

 Good evening to my sisters in Christ who are obediently striving on!!!

Grace and peace to you all and I hope your day is going well.  We have moved on from our previous city and are back in one we were before, with no travel planned for tomorrow.  It's nice to have days off from travel and to be able to catch up on projects, organizing and working online ministry as there's a huge list we want to write on but we can only do one day at a time, amen sisters!  I know you all know what I'm talking about.  One thing I've learned over the years is to let go of my expectations on what I want to do and be joyous on what I can do.

One night about a week ago, in this same spot, it was late 1:30 am and we were just settling in for the night when we heard a vehicle chugging by our van....



He drove around the parking lot for a while before he got the spot that worked for him.  It looks like a camo bread truck:-)  We see a lot of unique campers out here and brother Jim gets to witness to many of them.  That's one thing about sticking our neck out by living like this, we meet the people that the average person would never encounter.  It's like another world within a world, rather like the Christian world within the worldly world.  Anyway, we're thankful to be able to reach all types of people out here as we love them all. 





 Speaking of loving them all, while we were out at the festival this past weekend, there were 2 homosexuals that walked up to stand by brother Jim while he was preaching and they were kissing and doing things I don't want to say.  We also saw some lesbians doing that the day before.  And what did brother Jim do? kept on preaching and said we love them.  He called them out of that sin as well as listed a bunch of other sin.  I get tired of the religious organizations focusing on homosexuality and abortion as the BIG sins, and they are but so is using the Lord's name in vain like they do in their religious gatherings (void of all truth), so is lying when they say you can just believe, so is teaching pagan ways like Christ-mass and Easter etc.  

Mark 7:6-9 

He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. [7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. [9] And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Someday they will throw Christians in jail for standing on the truth and it will come from just such people trying to instigate issues and start flame wars.  But we still love them even if we sit in jail, as we are no greater than our master.

John 15:18-20 

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. [19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. [20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

We just press on and keep going.....

Brother Jim is always teaching men that they should strive to be set free from the world's system and find a job that is somewhat separate.  One way is your own business (we've done that ourselves).  This guy was very inventive in advertising his workmanship and talents...







What a nice way to carry around all your tools!  Speaking of which I'll share with you some of my tools...



At the homestead I have a bunch of different knives from really big to these small ones and these are the only ones I have in the van with me, and they do everything.  Even cutting up a pineapple although I do have to hack at it a bit:-)



Just thought I'd share that because we godly women, doing our duties can easily get swept away with the latest gadget or more of this and that (no, having a lot of knives is not sinful nor is having the latest gadget), my point is to get by and get done what we need and not be swayed into always having something new or more.  Let's all think about everything we purchase as the money is not ours (it's of the Lord)and if you don't have to work outside the house and someone else (husband or other headship) does, then we need to be extra careful how we spend the money they earn.

Proverbs 21:20 

There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

And as i was reading the Proverbs above, I saw this too so I'll add it for good measure and a reminder to us all.

Proverbs 21:19 

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

The later the evening goes, the more choppy my writing gets but I'm sure you'll forgive me:-)

We were driving along today and saw these men way up high, working on the power lines.




It reminded me of the tower of Babel, sort of only today we have technology that is reaching into the unknown, merging humans with computers....and there's such evil I don't even want to talk about it.

Romans 1:30 talks about 'inventors of evil things' and that's for sure today but we have the hope that lies before us and we want to offer that hope to all, even those who are doing evil...because we were evil before we were washed in the blood of Christ.

Getting off the subject of evil, I want to share something good.  All that God made is good and this 'good' I want to share with you. 

 


I have a few more videos of good things like this but I'll be putting them on a children's post and post it hopefully tomorrow.

I thought I'd also show you something I use in the van.



If you look close  you will see a little mirror on the door.




When you live in parking lots you need to be aware of your surroundings as we often have homeless / drifters / beggars walking right up to the van and I like to be able to see them approaching from the back.  It's called being aware and no different than our Savior telling us to watch for His coming.

Matthew 24:42-44 
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. [43] But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. [44] Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

We must always be prepared in this life for the physical as we live in it but more importantly the spiritual as eternity is one day closer.

Are you prepared?  As always, I'm going to point you to the GOSPEL and encourage you to read it, ponder it and see if that is how you were transformed.  Sadly we see too many who claim to have a new life and Holy Spirit but but their fruit does not match it.  

And before I leave you for the evening, I'll share a quick dinner I made.



No, I don't cook it separately like that I did it for the picture and because we live in a tiny van with a tiny table and I had nowhere else to put it all:-)  Potato, sweet potato, shredded cabbage mix, onion and a bit of ground chicken.  (Cumin, salt and coconut oil.)


Yep, my pictures are sideways tonight but we'll get along.  Simple nourishment for the body is a good thing but better yet is for the soul.

John 6:35 
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Amen and I have nothing more to add to that.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing, we shall meet here again.  I love you all and pray that you are striving on. 

Peace, love and blessings to you all with a cyber sister hug.

Sister Deb