A Day in the Life (Feb 26, 2021)

 Good afternoon, evening or morning to you all!

I'm loving this title thing 'a day in the life' because I don't waste 20 minutes thinking about what to title the post:-) and can just get to writing to you all.  Brother Jim said I should share with you what my purpose is in this blog.  He listed 5 things and I agree.




I want to send a big thank you to you true sisters in Christ who take the time to blog as a ministry, trying to shine a light in a dark place and encourage the saints while we still have the internet to do so.  As the days grow darker, we will lose that capability but we all will be where the Lord intends and doing the work He wills until He calls us home.  Praise God, His will be done.

Luke 22:42 

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Our Savior is our greatest example, "not my will by thine, be done." Oftentimes in our lives there are things that we would rather change and we fight against what might be God's Will instead of being patient and allowing Him to work all things out and guide our path.  We don't know that maybe our live lived (our witness to the world) in a terrible time of trouble, might lead a soul away from death.  There may be those watching you from afar and you don't know it. 

We know, as we approach the end times much wickedness will abound and who knows what will be of us saints that are striving today.  Our flesh would want to hide away in safety (talking about me sometimes) but the word must go out and we will do the work the Lord has set before us as that is our reasonable service. I've shared this before and will again as it's a good humbling verse for us to remember:

Luke 17:7-10 

But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.  So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.


So when we do our reasonable service let us....


Colossians 3:23-24 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Brother Jim and I have been talking about the new hate laws that are being passed. Just yesterday brother Jim was preaching on the college campus, about various sins including sexual perversion and it won't be long before someone complains and he goes to jail or with the violence that is growing, who knows....but it's all in the Lord's hands.  I will be honest with you though, the lack of (professing Christian) men stepping up and getting out to share the GOSPEL and preach the truth, is pretty sickening to me as a woman.  People are dying and we have the truth, how can we not want to share it to save a soul from eternal flames of hell? Why aren't believers running toward one another, fighting for the truth, banding together in this wicked day? Oh, I know, there's a great falling away to be had as our Savior said.  I sometimes have to remind myself of that...

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

...just as brother Jim continues to remind himself about Noah:-) And as I type this something happened.  I looked over brother Jim's shoulder out the front window (we're working in the van) and said 'Oh look a hawk trying to get something."  There was a hawk that flew on the corner of the parking lot and was going after something that ran into the bushes.  Then he flew up to sit on the sign so brother Jim went out to look at him.



And as he was out there a squirrel came out of the bushes with a baby in it's mouth, carrying it across the parking lot.  That hawk zeroed right in on it and brother Jim waved his arms and yelled at him until he flew off.





A little animal life was spared for one more day.   I see this as an example of what we Christians should be doing...watching for danger, looking after others and warning those of their impending doom.  I posted a video the other day of a squirrel hiding a nut but here's another one. (I took the video on my phone but then saw it was so far away so I video taped it close up:-)  Cute lil critters.



And if you want to see some videos of a manitee and tortoise, check out the latest children's post HERE.

And here is a video I took today on the other side of the van in the same parking lot of the hawk incident.



I know, it's another bird:-)  But I never stop appreciating God's creation especially inside the concrete jungle of the city.  Here are some more ducks I fed today:-)  Lol... too cute to pass up and I always make sure I have bread with us. 





I felt bad about that one with all the eggs scattered around.  The poor thing was sitting by itself under the bush.  I saved some bread and gave her more on my way back.










I recall a conversation from a long time ago, I was pointing out all the beauty in God's creation and giving Him glory, showing one of my (grown) children and they said 'I never really looked at it all like that I just drive by it to get where I'm going'.  It made me think of what God says in Romans 1...

Romans 1:19-20 

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Through His creation He is clearly seen and without excuse.  Well, look at what a good job satan has done in covering up that creation in all his worldly works around us.  People are so busy and stressed out that they don't even take the time to look at God's creation and 'see' the creator.  For many, it's a rare treat to sit quietly outside by a fire, go out in the woods, take a walk through a park etc.  The examples we see in nature can teach us much.

Job 12:7-10 

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: [8] Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. [9] Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? [10] In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

We also see nature teaching us in 1 Corinthians 11, I'm sure you all know that verse:-)  



Amen, what a blessed Savior we have.  One that I am thankful to serve and do so willingly and joyfully.  

We checked out an event today but it didn't work out well.  We needed the 3 P's (parking, people and public access) but it was not to be had as it was Private Parking.  So we worked online, trying to catch up on ministry that never seems to be caught up:-)  Tomorrow is another even that looks much more promising but we shall see when we get there.  If it's meant to be it will all work out, we've seen that time and time again and if it's not meant to be then we end up witnessing to someone somewhere at the right time or something. I know some of you have seen that such thing happen, the way a witnessing event is lined up.  Be ready to give an answer sisters and keep preparing your mind throughout the day for it, even if you are not out in public because you never know when someone will show up or a family member asks something.

Colossians 4:2-6

Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:  That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. [6] Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

I know all about that because I used to live on the farm, out in the middle of the country, down a winding quarter mile long driveway where nobody came, but sometimes somebody did come and I had to be ready.  Even walking out to the mailbox on the road where hardly anyone drove down, sometimes somebody did and I had to be ready.  

1 Peter 1:13 

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Writing on this blog helps me do that, stay ready, be sober, stay strong, discipline myself each day to stay focused etc.  I'm thankful to be able to meet up with you here and do a small part in encouraging you.  

Brother Jim was encouraged in another way today.  He was encouraged to hurry upon a post he was working on so we could get a pizza!



 I got free from a survey and I made a salad to go with it. For lunch I doctored up some of that discount soup I told you about the other day by adding potatoes.



I thermos cooked the potatoes for a half hour and they were perfect to add to it by lunch time.               (Makes a hearty meal.)

And a bowl of fruit for an afternoon snack.


Maybe you might want to see what we see here in the parking lots...



That's a unique car.


Someone made an old ambulance into a camper.  There are many ways people learn how to live like this, making use of unique vehicles to live in.  We were talking this afternoon (as we drove through a VERY interesting neighborhood that we would not want to have vehicle troubles and break down in) that if we lived in such a place that we would gladly have lived in our vehicle just to get out of such areas.  That may be the case with some of these people who live in their cars, sleeping in the front see which can't be comfortable, but they make do.

Brother Jim made an audio about money and refutes the lies that modern pastors tell people about it. You can hear it HERE.

Praise God for his precious Word so that we may know the truth and what does John 8 say?



And I can't remember if I shared this one with you or not....




I do my best to keep up with everything going on but it doesn't always work out that way, you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure.  Do the best you can, don't stress over it and keep going.

I love you and all pray that you are striving on.  I mean that too.

Blessings, peace, grace and mercy in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Sister Deb